“Mainly average”

Dining options: Late Night
Reading
“Mainly average”
Reviewed June 7, 2014

I really want to give this place a great review - I used to spend many late nights there as a teenager drinking coffee into the wee hours. I went this morning for breakfast with my husband. The outside has that great diner retro look, but the inside could do with a major facelift. It just looked really old and tired. The menu that I had was falling apart, which I must admit was a bit of a turnoff. The waiter was very nice, but kind of lingered nearby. Diners really vary in terms of the quality of coffee, this was a bit below average. I'm a big coffee drinker, but I didn't want a refill. I ordered an omelette with american cheese and bacon. It was Ok. Nothing special and slightly overdone. Maybe lunch is better there, but unless they go in for a bit of a refurb I don't think I'd go back.

Visited June 2014

Red Bank, New Jersey
“Can always find something to eat”
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

The menu has so many choices, you can find something to eat.
I come here often, and never had a bad meal or bad service!
Love the bagel all the way!!

NJ
“Great atmosphere”
Reviewed March 8, 2014

Coming here is like going back in time using a time machine. Walking in takes you back to the 1940's or 1950's with the classic pink and white decor and stainless steel interior and waitress deressed lke they are in that era.
The menu is extensive and has everything you would expect in a diner that is open around the clock. Service was good. Our waitress was asked and even offered her opinion about certain menu items and we would have been better off not ordering the things she said to avoid since she was absolutley right on everthing.

Nothwithstanding the items we ordered, the food other diners looked great with large portions falling off the plates. The onion rings were very tempting and burgers looked appealing

Our desserts ( of the ice cream variety ) leaved much to be desired - tasetless ice cream with little sauce. Fruit was unappetizing. Tea came in large pots so it was easy to refill.

• Visited March 2014
Red Bank, New Jersey
“Late at night - a fun place to go”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

It's sort of like being invited to someone's kitchen - i.e., lots of conversation around, lots of bustling, people hugging and re-connecting. Definitely a fixture in Red Bank - and a perfect place for a late night coffee and pie. Not a fancy place, by any means, but it is comfortable. Food is diner food ... satisfying but never gourmet.

• Visited February 2014
New Jersey
“Solid Diner Fare”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

When I really don't want to cook, we head to the diner! Good value--always have leftovers to bring home. There is SO much food. I love the chicken salad wrap. Sometimes the cakes are WONDERFUL, sometimes just so-so.

• Visited November 2013