“we love it”
Review of La Pastaria

La Pastaria
Reserve with OpenTable
La Pastaria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #91 of 145 Restaurants in Red Bank
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed December 22, 2013

We go there for girls night out quiet often the food is very good, service is great, we are planing on going there for New years Eve!!!

Reviewed November 8, 2013

We are within walking distance of this place and it was decorated beautifully. Our server was nice enough.

The food, however, was awful. We ordered the calamari, which is not uncommon in a traditional italian restaurant and we order it often. They were chewy, soggy and had the consistency of the little onion rings you used to get from the high school cafeteria. Even worse, like the remainder of the meal, it lacked any flavor at all.

We were entertaining a couple who came to visit and were embarrassed that we took them there.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

We had to park in aparking lot ina side street in red bank to go to a spa there and spotted La Pastaria on the way out. What a find! We were geeted warmly by the owner ands manager,Jerry who seated us in the pleasant dining room decorated with murals of Italian scenes.The pesto sauce was authentic with only basil,pignoli and olive oil, and garlic,no cream as some restaurants insist on adding! The double cut pork chop was perfectly grilled and served with purple poatoes and vegetables.We finished the meal with cappucino and a delicious chocolate mousse cake,decadent and rich! Definitely will be making a return trip.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

We went here for lunch today and it was just terrible. When we walked in the only service person, a young woman, looked directly at me and then turned her back. She was going to let us just stand there. We were the only people there. When I said "Hi!" to her she sat us with a big face on. She asked us if we wanted anything but water before we actually sat down.

After she took our order she went into the front area of place and seemed to be arguing with someone on her cellphone. Also they had the radio blasting and it kept on fading out between stations. We did ask her to turn the radio down and she did.

My husband ordered a pizza and I ordered a salad. Since it took so long to get our food, I had a chance to really look around. This place looks dirty and neglected. They use table linens and I saw that many of them were very stained. Also the service area between the dining room and the kitchen looked dirty - misc dishes, coffee pot, etc. just scattered about. But what really bothered me is the place is so unattractive. The table linens are this strange gold color, there are these fake "broken" Italian murals on the walls, unattractive opaque glass between the dining rooms, the chairs are covered in this unattractive brown fabric, the light fixtures don't work with the room and the ceiling is this cheap drop ceiling. Who designed this place? It is very unattractive.

Back to the food. My salad was standard - no problems. When my husbands pizza was put in front of him I thought to myself "I'm glad I didn't order that". It looked like a sloppy, gloppy mess! I would be surprised if they said they make their own pizza dough. He ordered it well done and it looked limp and it was soggy from how much stuff they put on it. This is NJ - the land of good pizza! My husband ate maybe half of it and the young woman asked if he wanted to take it home and he said no because it was not very good and she didn't say a word and dropped off the check.

On the way out, our young lady was in the front texting away.

I would never go back here - at least the pizza is really lousy, the service is awful and the place is very unattractive. There is no reason to ever go to this place.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

Food was good but I think the prices were a little high. I had the special lobster monte carlo... for $27 I kinda expected a little more than 3 medium shrimp and a 3 .oz tail done franchaise style over linguine. My wife had a shrimp dish of similar style with no starch she enjoyed. I did enjoy the food and the service was adaquate...I guess I was just expecting a little more value for the dollar for a byob. I'd still recommend going there.