“Perfect Meal Perfect Sevice”
Review of Char Steak House

Char Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
Char Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 145 Restaurants in Red Bank
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 20, 2014

It was six of us for Dad's 80 birthday.
Maria was our server and she did a flawless job. She anticipated most needs even before we asked.
Apps were crab cakes, fried calamari, and stuffed mushrooms. All were very good.
Everyone had steak in one form or another and all were excellent and seared to perfection.
Deserts were also very good.
The whole experience was a home run.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

This place is always a hot spot. Great decor, upscale staff, good food. They were filming an episode of "Real Housewives of NJ" so we saw cameras & microphones everywhere. Unfortunately we also had spotlights in our faces. Food was still very good.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

If I were reviewing just the food Char would have received four or even possibly a 5. My steak was tasty and cooked to perfection however one of my dinner companions asked for her steak medium well and it came out red inside and had to be sent back. The fried calamari appetizer was delicious The soups and salads were good though not extraordinary. The problem is the price. The steaks are served just as that, the steak...and at $40 or more that's all you got. Sides were $8 extra and there was even a charge for sauces! Drinks were also pricey and not terribly generous. The service was a bit pretentious and overwrought and little things (asking whether anyone would like an additional dinner roll or serving butter at all) were overlooked. The hostess ( I believe Leigh was her name) was lovely and accomodating.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

Despite the average reviews, my husband and I went here on a Sat night with our 1 1/2 yr old son. Very nice place and family friendly. (it was only 6pm though) Apps were great. I had the crabcakes which were really good and the dessert (brownie sundae) was awesome. My son had the sliders which were also really good. My husband got steak and it was terrible- it was RAW and he had to send it back and they brought back the same piece of meat just not cooked correctly. Seems like they have everything down except the steak! I would go back but never for steak! It was expensive but on par with all steakhouses.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

Food and the service were excellent. We liked the ambiance and fun vibe. Prices are a little high, but the quality and quantity met our expectations. We will definitely return.
We went here for dinner pre-show around 6 PM for the Count Basie. We were able to eat and savor our meals and we got the theatre right on time.