“Best Spa Around.”

The Woodhouse Day Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Facials, Massages, Nail Services and Body Treatments.
New York City, New York
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Best Spa Around.”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I love The Woodhouse. I've been a fan since they opened in Montclair and when I found out they opened one in Red Bank I couldn't be happier. I received a 50 minute swedish massage from Ashely and it was amazing. I have a back injury and she was very attentive with asking how I wanted the massage to go, how much pressure I liked and so forth. By the time the massage was finished I couldn't wait to re-book a next appointment. The girls at the front desk are also fantastic and went out of their way to make sure my cousin and I got appointments for Spa Week as well as booking our next appointments. Woodhouse will always be my go to spa.

Visited April 2013

nutley
“Not impressed easily.. But Lauren S.....”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

All I can say is WOW.... Awesome escape massage highly recommended!!! Lauren was perfect for me I. I love a deep tissue and she delivered! Can't wait to go back again. This appointment was two hours want to book a three hour package,! Happy holidays !!!

Visited December 2012
Ocean, New Jersey
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“A Wonderful Woodhouse Escape”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I had an excellent experience at The Woodhouse Day Spa in Red Bank. It all started with the ease of booking an appointment. I love that I was able to view their menu of services and availability of appointments (including who they were with) on their website. Additionally, I was able to choose if I wanted to have appointment reminder/confirmations via email, phone or both. So convenient!

The entrance of the spa is at street level but you immediately proceed down a large staircase to the reception area. Upon my arrival, I was greeted and shown the areas where I could change, shower and relax and provided with a locker for my belongings, sandals and a wonderfully cozy robe. There were a couple of bathroom stalls as well as one shower area. Next to the sinks was an area for reapplying makeup and/or drying your hair (there was a hair dryer though I wish I had remembered a brush) and some Farm House Fresh hand and body lotions to sample. The shower area had a beautiful stone shower with shampoo, conditioner and body wash and a changing area with towels and a place to hang your robe.

After I changed, I waited in the relaxation area where I enjoyed fruited ice water while completing my intake form with medical information and treatment preferences.

Promptly at 1pm, Lauren S. arrived to show me back to the treatment room. She was very welcoming and friendly and went over what was involved in the treatment as well as the preferences I indicated on my intake form. For this appointment, I chose the Woodhouse Escape, a nearly two-hour long treatment, which includes a hot stone massage, body scrub, neck and shoulder massage, scalp massage and reflexology. During the treatment, Lauren would check in periodically to make sure the pressure/temperature of the stones/ etc., was ok. The Woodhouse Escape was WONDERFUL and something I definitely look forward to having again in the future.

After the treatment, Lauren provided me with more water and showed me back to the relaxation area. While we were these she recommended a follow up treatment (Swedish massage to focus on my problem areas) and a few products that she would leave at the front desk for me.

After getting showered and changed I proceeded back to the front desk to check out. The products Lauren recommended were on the counter, and the receptionist told me the prices when I asked, but I didn’t feel overwhelming pressure to buy. That said, I did pick up a bottle of the Agave Nectar Body Oil Lauren recommended since I think it will help overcome winter’s dry skin. I wasn’t able to book my follow up appointment right away (have to check the babysitter’s schedule) but was told there’s a discount for doing so (10% perhaps, I can’t quite remember).

Overall I had a very enjoyable afternoon at The Woodhouse Day Spa and would highly recommend both it and Lauren S.

Visited September 2012
2 Thank jordgubben42
Morristown, New Jersey
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very pleasant experience”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

I was so empresses when i opened the door of the new Spa in Red Bank- The Woodhouse Day Spa. I remember saying Oh My! when i saw the winding staircase leading down to the reception desk. It set the tone for me that saturday morning i really needed to be pampered and i was. I had 2 treatments; a facial and a massage and was very pleased with the carefulness by each technician. i floated out of the Spa that morning and will be back many times over...

Visited August 2012