“Good south of the border fare in casual atmosphere”
Review of Surf Taco

Surf Taco
Ranked #79 of 145 Restaurants in Red Bank
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

We ate here with friends who recommended it highly. Their two young children love it! This place is casual, kind of loud, but fun. They have a multi-flavor self serve Coca Cola machine allowing you to choose your favorite . It is like one of the machines in Coca Cola World in Atlanta. The kids thought it was awesome. You order your food up at the counter and then the food is brought to your table. Mix of families, young people, students, and couples. I had the beef taco and also the Mahi taco. The Mahi was flavorful and delicious! My friends had beef burritos and chimichanga that they liked. The kids had tacos. Plain tortilla chips came with all our meals. There is a salsa bar for the chips that is self serve. The guacamole (extra charge) was good. (The bathroom was smelly and didn't look well kept or seem too clean. This detracted from the restaurant's quality). Overall though, we'd definitely eat there again.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

I loved this place.. for obvious reasons its a little more pricey than your local taco bell. The food is tasty and fresh. I had the shrimp taco and the signature surf taco. The surf taco was by far the best..It is a crispy battered piece of fish on a hard shell with a savory sauce and salad. Your served plain nachos and have your choice of salsa at the fresh salsa bar. They have one of those fancy soda machines with the 15,000 flavors of soda.. I really loved it and can't wait to go back for some quesadillas and rice and beans. 3 adult meals 3 kid meals about 40 bucks... oh yeah and a side of guacamole .75 cents. so worth it...

Reviewed July 29, 2013

The tacos are great, but the place is dark and loud. Too many teenie boppers! counter service leaves a lot to be desired...

Reviewed July 21, 2013

There are quite a few Surf Tacos in the area, I have only been to the RB location, but keep going back as a "go-to" when we want a quick bite to eat, that doesn't cost a lot. RB has a bunch of great options, but if you want a fresh fast food alternative, I like Surf Taco. My favorite is the "surf taco" which is a fish taco, and I get it baja style. You might want to note, the style is more Californian than Mexican if that matters to you.

Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

I went with a group of friends and am so glad I did! It was delicious and I wish they were in Ohio because I would definitely go back.