“DON'T GO THERE!!!!!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed July 25, 2013

My dining experience was very unsatisfactory. I read all of the bad reviews, but I thought I would give it a try anyway. I love fish of all kinds, but this was the worst I have ever eaten. The server did not listen to me or any of my guests in regard to our order of plain grilled fish. All dishes came with all of these toppings and sauces to mask the stale fish. Four of my five guests did not feel well after dining here. The one person who felt ok only took one bite of the fish he ordered and told the server he did not care for it. She could care less and did not even offer to take the price off the fish that was not eaten. The service was terrible. It was very loud. The specials were not explained properly. As one of the guests was served a whole fish eyeball and all. (ICK!!) I don't mind spending money on a good meal, however I was sort of annoyed that this place was such a disgrace on a special occasion that we were celebrating. WE WERE ALL VERY DISAPPOINTED. DON'T GO THERE.

1  Thank Timothy A

Reviewed July 1, 2013

My husband and I decided to give this place a try. My husband is the seafood lover, I am not so much. He said his seafood diavlo was excellent. My chicken dish was ok, a bit dry but ok(what do I expect for seafood place right?). Our appetizers were wonderful. Service was good and price was great for the value...portions are huge!

1  Thank Htramaglini
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I met my husband for lunch here, he was hearing great things about this place and was eager to try it. I ordered a shrimp dish and it was cold and hard. My husband ordered a lobster sandwich and it was also cold. He was turned off because he saw the chef take the lobster out of a labeled ziploc bag (store bought), he thought the fish they served was fresh. I was completely disappointed with the food here. The service was friendly and it is cute inside but the food was terrible. I am sorry I really wanted to like this place.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

We heard wonderful things about Blue Water so we decided to try it on Mother's Day. What a disappointment.
First of all we were given a table near the kithchen where the wait staff constantly had to angle past to get in and out of the kitchen.
Secondly, the place is very noisy.
Thirdly, the tables where way too close to one another. So much so if you had to get up from your seat you felt you were intruding on the table next to you.
Fourthly, and this is no exaggeration, it took 45 minutes to get our entree after we ordered.
Fifthly, the food was average and the server, though nice, was not professional.

My wife attributed it to the Mother's Day crowd. I think she was much to kind.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

Came in tonight for a quick dinner after walking around the Riverfest tonight in the park. My order was very simple, a greek salad and a dozen oysters. First the positive-I was seated quickly and given a bigger table then the one they were originally gonna give me. My waitress was very pleasant and very efficiant. I was served quickly and the food was very fresh. Now for the not so perfect, the greek salad was very bland, the greens were fresh and crisp but the spices for the dressing was nonexistant. The Oysters were also very fresh but could have been shucked better as trying to get them out of the half shell with a full size fork is kinda difficult. The other thing was another waitress walked by my table and grabbed the olive oil to give to another table without even asking if I was done with it which I wasn't. If I'm in a diner I might not care so much but when I'm in a higher quality place, I kinda get a bit more critical. From a visual point of view the entres ordered by other tables looked and smelled amazing. I might come back again and give it another shot as everything else really looked good.