“2 star hotel with 3 star service!”

Extended Stay America - Red Bank - Middletown
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Red Bank
Reviewed August 4, 2014

My wife and I were celebrating our anniversary and wanted a hotel not too far from the beach. Purvis, the general manager, was very accommodating the minute we walked through the door. He made sure that we were well taken care of. He recommended some places for us to go He also went of his way to make sure that our room was kept up even though that is a courtesy that is usually extended to longer stays. Our stay was only two nights. Would definitely recommend this hotel if you're looking for somewhere affordable that is close to the beach.

Walter B.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Walter B

Reviewed July 30, 2014

I stayed in this hotel for 34 days. I booked those days in a single rome but they moved us to a double room WITHOUT EXTRA CHARGE because we have a child. The front disk were nice and the manager, Purvis White, was super friendly and helpful. I checked out very late and he didn't mind. I felt I got best service. The room has a stove, fridge and microwave which helped us a lot. Nice hotel and room, excellent manager and front disk.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Stayed at the hotel for a weekend in july. booked thru Expedia. when called hotel staff before checking in, all I got was negative attitude from front desk.
Rooms were very dark, dingy, towels were worn out, had brown & black stains, queen bed was more like a twin size bed, very old blanket, which you do not want to use.
This hotel was advertised with "free breakfast". all they provided was coffee & banana. there was no breakfast, bagels or muffins or any thing else. Coffee creamers were all expired, when I brought this to manager's attention, he told me that that's all he has & he is providing us with "coffee". he doesn't have to provide creamer or milk for the coffee.
I am so sad to lose my money on this hotel. i would suggest that you rather book a cheap motel than book this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Manu J
Reviewed July 14, 2014

As many other people have mentioned, the staff was very friendly, which was nice. We were disappointed by the room, however. There were cigarette burns on the blankets, the toilet didn't flush on the first try (you had to flush it twice each time), and there was a mystery stain all over the front of the refrigerator (really gross). The room was a smoking room, which we were not told ahead of time, and there were no non-smoking rooms left to switch to. The staff did give us new sheets and towels, and cleaned the carpet, which did help (like I said, the staff was great), but obviously did not completely get rid of the smell. This was the most we have paid for a hotel room in a long time (granted, it is near the beach in summer), but it was the worst room we have ever stayed in. Not that it really mattered, but they were also out of all breakfast items (including coffee) our entire stay -- it would have been a nice gesture to offer a small discount, or voucher to use elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Management and staff have been the best always helpful... Staying here over a month now, things have been great..Purvis White manager awesome guy always a smile..Keep up with this staff see great things for the future of this hotel with the people that are currently involved. .

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

We lost our home in Sandy and ended up staying here for a few months...my husband and I with our dog (a beagle). Purvis, Nadine, Ben, and the rest of the staff were caring and attentive to our needs, even though the hotel was overwhelmed with Sandy refugees!! Now we live in NC, but I travel to NJ often, and I ALWAYS STAY with Purvis & Co. at the Extended Stay Middletown...it is my home away from home!! :-)

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed July 9, 2014

We stayed here while working in the area! The staff, Purvis White (the GM), Ariel, Nadine & Rozzy, have great work ethics and a pleasure to be around. Being away home, I am very satisfied with the accommodations, the location and the staff. I recommend this hotel to stay at the Jersey Shore.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Comfort Inn Middletown
Comfort Inn Middletown
#1 of 1 in Middletown
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Long Branch
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#1 of 3 in West Long Branch
La Quinta Inn West Long Branch
La Quinta Inn West Long Branch
#2 of 3 in West Long Branch

Been to Extended Stay America - Red Bank - Middletown? Share your experiences!