Extended Stay America - Red Bank - Middletown
Crystal Inn(Eatontown)
Good 3.5/5
Good 3.5/5
View Hotel
All reviewshome away from homerecommend this hotelpots and panslaundry roomdefinitely stay here againlong tripgreat customer servicethe jersey shorekitchenettenjgmroberttoastermendezexit
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I stayed at this Extended Stay for about two months, from April - May of 2013 for work related purposes.

Staff...

From the moment I arrived, the staff immediately greeted me and made me feel welcome. Ben, who helped me on check-in day, was extremely helpful, insightful and knowledgeable of everything and anything regarding my stay. Ben helped me locate nearby food stores, malls, grocery stores and other places of interest. Purvis was also extremely helpful and kind whenever I needed something; just an all around genuine person. Nadine greeted me every single morning while I left for work and always chit chatted with me before I left; she is such a sweet lady! Sharon I interacted with on some days/nights and like the rest, was just an absolute pleasure to speak with. Each and every one of these employees knew me by name and always made me feel welcome and appreciated, all the time.

Guest Rooms...

The hotel recently went through a renovation in which many things were replaced, fixed and restored. I would compare the rooms to an extremely nice, five-star hotel chain. The furniture was new and comfortable, especially the beds! The carpets were clean and not stained what-so-ever. The kitchen was also decent. Two stove burners, a coffee maker, full size fridge, toaster and microwave. My only complaint here would be the stove top fan/light, which did not work so well. Bathrooms were great. Once again, the facilities all went through a renovation, so mostly everything is brand new.

Hotel Facilities...

The main lobby is welcoming and comfortable. The grab and go breakfast was also a plus! The laundry room was always clean and the washers/dryers weren't state of the art, but they got the job done. The grounds of the hotel were kept well groomed and clean. This hotel is also pet-friendly, and never once did I feel like I could smell the animals or see excessive amounts of hair or dirt in the halls/rooms.

Security...

I always felt safe and secure in the hotel. The hotel is also in a very safe an friendly neighborhood, so being outside during the day/at night was not scary or intimidating.

Conclusion...

Once again, the staff mentioned above was phenomenal. The grounds, rooms, facilities, etc., were also great, but the hotel would be nothing without these amazing individuals. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone; whether it be for business or a weekend away, this hotel would fit anyone's plans.

Room Tip: There is one section of the third floor that is a smoking section, so be mindful of this. We were on the second floor for about a month and the bathroom smelled like smokle on occasion, but just because we were right below a smoking room. When we moved to the first floor it was fine. There are also some rooms with animals, also on third floor and some other rooms throughout the building, so just be mindful of this as well.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Purvis at the front desk was the only thing that didn't make me go running from the hotel he was helpful considerate professional and went above and beyond however the hotel was dirty old run-down smelly and had young kids partying smoking pot in the hallways at all hours

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 21, 2013

The check in was easy and the front desk person was very clear on explaining the property and its amenities. She did say they were short on housekeeping staff so she went to check on the room to make sure it was ready. Our room had a terrible smell (like a wet musty animal. The hotel does accept pets. When I booked the room, I made note that I didn't want to be in a pet friendly room and I was told I wouldn't be. I'd hate to think what those rooms smell like. I bought air freshener which masked the smell for a while but when we returned in the evening, I had to spray again and again twice the next day. The towels were really threadbare and you could practically see through them. The shower had sufficient power but was extremely noisy. The heating/air unit was on the first night and the loudness of the unit running pretty much covered up the pretty frequent banging noise. The next night we had the unit off and the banging noise was about every 30 seconds so neither my wife nor I got much sleep. I let the desk know about the unti and a problem report was witten. However, that is all the front desk did. I was told that since I was on an AARP rate,I was already getting a discount so I won't get anything more. That is bad customer service. Breakfast was not really even a continental breakfast (granola bars, a bit of fruit and smaill pre-wrapped muffins). This is a bare-bones lodging and as such, way over priced. The regular rate on the Saturday nigh was $159 plus tax - about $75-$100 too high.
My wife and I will be returning to the area in a few months for a week. Guess where we will NOT be staying. There many more and better rated hotels in the area with nightly prices not that much more. I may not be as close to where I want to be next time but I'd rather drive a bit farther than stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Would not recommend this hotel for the following reasons (maybe it was a just a one off situation):
(1) The air conditioner made a loud banging noise every few minutes and the room never got cold. The knob just spun all the way around.
(2) The fridge had a magnet that said the faucet had a water filter, but there was no filter. Made me nervous to use the tap water.
(3) The water pressure was non-existent, no more than a trickle
(4) There always seemed to be people milling around out front of the hotel. Didn't feel unsafe, but just odd.
(5) Double bed which was small for two people when you are used to sleeping on a queen

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Very quiet and comfortable room, helpful and friendly staff, felt like home, clean room, great place to relax, would definately stay at Extended Stay again, enjoyed coffee and fruit every morning (downstairs at front desk)

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo