Extended Stay America - Red Bank - Middletown
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Red Bank
Reviewed May 4, 2013

I have been staying that the ESA for about a month and i feel at home and i know its due to the friendliness of the staff here. They always help me with my needs right away and have great attitdues. The employees that, have helped me the most, and that I prefer are Purvis, Ben, Evan, and Sharon because they have friendly and humorous personalities that are very welcoming. The only quams I have is with the maids. I feel thorough cleaning is needed in the restroom such as mirrors, toilet, and sink. Other then that I have enjoyed my stay here and look forward to the next 5 weeks I have left here.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed April 16, 2013

our house is being torn down and coming here was our last opiton but its home for know and i would not stay any where else the staff here is very friendly, and have no problem to go out of there way to help out anyone staying here and having a kitchen is a big plus save us on money so we dont have to eat out every night and to have a home cooked meal is a real plus

Room Tip: any room you choose you will be happy
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 7, 2013

The room was more than adequate for a three day business stay. It was clean and had a comfortable bed and a comfortable desk chair. The tables were wobbly, but the kitchen had a coffee maker, microware and fridge. Just about all the rooms were occupied, but it was still very quiet after 9pm

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
John D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Red Bank - Middletown, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2013

Reviewed March 27, 2013

My first experience to your hotel was Nadine, at the front desk. Before my husband and I moved into the hotel, she and I conversed at the front desk and it was so natural between us. I hit it off immediately with Nadine and felt very comfortable. I went home and told my husband about how nice she was. I planned on moving to the hotel for an Extended Stay, no pun intended, but my husband was reluctant about moving into a hotel and then Hurricane Sandy hit and it pushed us out of our former residence, into the hotel. The move has taken a bad situation and turned it right around into a wonderful experience! I cant wait to come into the lobby, as we are always so welcomed with a smiled greeting. My husband and I thoroughly enjoy always engaging with Purvis the G.M. who is up and above a standard corporate structure. He treats us like we are his personal family and Nadine is right there along with him. We feel so comfortable at this hotel with the hotel staf,f that we have past our original 3 month stay. We will continue to stay here...

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your great review of our property. It's great to hear that you find our rooms clean and fresh. We are pleased to hear you find our staff courteous and friendly. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed March 27, 2013

This place a godsend for a retiree who is on his own. Basic needs are provided and special attention is supplied by a courteous staff whenever required. Other places will charge more for less attention. No one deserves that. My thanks to all, from manager to maids for making my extended stay the most comfortable, enjoyable and worry-free.

Room Tip: If you are an early-riser like me, pick an east facing room, it will be sun-bathed for you every sun...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo

It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way," and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

The only positive thing to say about this facility is that the staff were very nice but have no skills to solve problems. The entire hotel and our room smelled terribly. We had no hot water in the shower on Day 1 requiring a room change at our insistence, not the resolution of the staff. This room smelled slightly less bad than the first. The towels were threadbare and you could practically see through them. The scant dishes had dried food still stuck to them. The phone didn't work and was never fixed despite several notifications.The internet password didn't work. The window locks didn't work (fortunately we were on the 3rd floor).The 'closet' consisted of a small area with only a few hangers and a disgusting half curtain instead of a door. There is no safe in the room for valuables. The key access to the side door entrance was broken (awaiting a "foreign part" which will take at least 4 weeks). Instead of securing the door down, it was fixed by placing twigs or towels in the door to keep it from closing. Security? I think not. Breakfast was not really a breakfast. We were not looking for resort level but at the cost I minimally expected clean and comfortable. This should be a $40/night hotel at best. Will never stay here again when there are much better hotels in the area at not that much higher of a price.

Room Tip: Find another hotel in the area. There is nothing good to say about this hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
John D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Red Bank - Middletown, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2013

It is my pleasure to provide an explanation regarding the issue you described. Every part of our hotel, from the in-room features, to the design of the guest room hallways is an integral part in creating a "home away from home" experience for our guests. Since we recognize that a quiet, relaxing environment is critical to this goal, we have several systems to ensure that noise from within or outside the hotel doesn't interfere with your stay. Although rare, there are instances where a guest may hear noises from the surrounding area. Whenever we are informed of such disturbances, our standard procedure is to promptly identify the source of that disturbance and resolve it. I take full responsibility that we were unable to resolve this situation to your satisfaction during your stay.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

I am in between places to live and needed a place I could stay for 1-2 months. I've stayed in a Stay America some years back and really liked it, so I went to the most conveniently located one in my area. This Stay America on Newman Springs Road met my needs perfectly. It isn't home, but it is clean, spacious and made my having to stay in a hotel temporarily much more pleasant than it could have been. I love recliners, so that is a big hit with me. You can do your own laundry for a minimal cost with four washers and dryers down near the front desk. The staff has been extremely friendly and helpful. There is nothing worse than dealing with staff members that act like they have an axe to grind or are just simply mad about having to work. The three different front desk people I have encountered have been great. It is always nice to be greeted with a smile and I can tell it is genuine because after the smile they are happy to converse with you if not tending to another individual. They are also more than willing to assist you any way they can. I am still here and will be for probably another month. I have no complaints whatsoever. With such a glowing report why did I only give them a 4 out of 5 rating? Com'on now, you know nobody is perfect. : )

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo

Comfort Inn Middletown
Comfort Inn Middletown
#1 of 1 in Middletown
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tinton Falls - Eatontown

Been to Extended Stay America - Red Bank - Middletown? Share your experiences!