“This is my favorite restaurant in the county.”
Review of Via45

Via45
Reserve with OpenTable
Via45 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 140 Restaurants in Red Bank
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: white street
Transit: red bank train station north jersey coastline 5 Central Ave Red Bank, NJ 07701‎ Edit details (732) 530-3727 www/njtransit.com
Description: via45 is a rustic italian eatery. We offer vegetarian, vegan and Gluten-Free choices. each plate is offered to guests according to their preference and dietary restrictions. all foods are prepared "in the moment".the hand written menu changes every day...desserts are all "house-made". Seasonal outdoor seating, pets welcome on sidewalk,, sit and relax....share your stories. Let La Via Dolce Caterers host your special moments...at our table or yours.
Shrewsbury, New Jersey
“This is my favorite restaurant in the county.”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

I had lunch at Via 45 the first year they opened. It was not the first day they were open, but they were kind-of crowded. Several women were having lunch in the front window in the summertime and I got a table near them. They were enjoying themselves and invited me to share their table, which I did. They were fun, and the food was delicious.

In spite of the prices (good food requires good ingredients and good people to prepare it, and that necessarily costs money) I usually eat there twice a week. I read all the reviews here and find them very interesting. It make me think there are two different Via 45 restaurants in Red Bank. The one where I eat, that is always wonderful, and the one a few of the others go to, probably only once, where they have a bad experience. I have never been disappointed.

Someone praised the mussels diavolo. They are very good, but after a while I tired of the sauce, so I tend to request a white wine sauce instead, and it is always available because they are cooked to order, so they can make any sauce they have the ingredients for. And while I love their salmon with balsamic reduction for a sauce, I often order it with a cream sauce. Sometimes none at all, but with a mustard-based one. It is not like the mustard on a hot dog.

About the speed of the service. It is my opinion that eating here IS the event of the evening. Some people go out to eat, and then rush to the movie, the theatre, or a concert. For me, dining at Via 45 IS the event; It is an artistic experience in its own right. So I need not rush.

About reservations: Except for Friday and Saturday, it used to be possible to just walk in and get a table if you got there around 6PM. Not anymore. It is necessary to reserve in advance. I do not know how much in advance, because I eat there so often I have a standing reservation for my two usual evenings. I let them know in advance if I will be unable to come. I think that says it all. This place is good enough that I would do that, and they go along with it.

• Visited December 2012
5 Thank Jean-David B

Central New Jersey
“I wish it were easier to get a reservation during prime time...”
Reviewed December 13, 2012 via mobile

Via 45 is a unique restaurant in several ways. First, the atmosphere is casual, rustic, modern, upscalish and relaxing, all at once. And it's a comfortable (you won't need to add $150 to the tip for a trip to the chiropractor the next day). We always feel at home at Via 45. The wait staff is terrific as knowledgeable about the established menu as specials. And, as you've read below, people with dietary restrictions or special needs need not worry about being limited to a few less appealing selections. Just about any request can and will be accommodated. (We have a friend who has Celiac disease who eats here on a regular basis and introduced us to this fabulous restaurant. Formerly, it was difficult for us to dine out together...Via 45 has changed that).

For me? It's opened my eyes to preparing fresh, wholesome meals that are low sodium, vegan, and diabetic friendly. It also provides something for anyone, so my devout carnivore pals don't feel they've just spent the last two hours munching on whole grains and grass out of the food troth! Fresh fish, fresh organic meats and whole grain pastas abound. Tasty organic local vegetables complement or become a satisfying main dish.

The food preparation is impeccable and each dish is made to order, so be patient and enjoy the gestalt of Via 45.

No one walks away feeling deprived. The price is a bit high for every day family dining but if you're into treating yourself to a great night of dining, try Via 45.

5 Thank FamilyGuy_from_NJ
New Jersey
“First Class Restaurant, yet far from stuffy”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Best vegetable and fish preparation this side of the Atlantic. "Rustic Italian" is their decor, food is as fresh as imaginable, staff is accomodating, knowledgable, and seem to enjoy their work. BYOB or a concierge, of sorts, will go and fetch.

Visited September 2012
4 Thank beaglesenior
“Romantic spot with a home feel to it!”
Reviewed December 5, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I tried this Resturant for my Birthday. It was fantastic. The 2 of us really never have a chance to enjoy an evening together due to work, kids, and just everyday life interrupting. The BYOB is a plus, table was ready when we arrived for our reservation and the waitress put our wine on ice. The menu is prepared fresh and the menu changes daily, we put our order in an relaxed as we enjoyed delicious bread. The process is not rushed, so if your pressed for time go elsewhere. We enjoyed our meal, dessert and time to just talk like adults.

4 Thank Jcj86
tinton falls, nj
“excellent all around”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I have celiac and it is sometimes hard to pick something on the menu that I would really like to eat..usually I have to pick what I can rather than what I want. At Via anything on the menu can be made to order for gluten free. The food was delicious, the host is wonderful and very personable

• Visited September 2012
4 Thank BarbaK

Been to Via45? Share your experiences!