“Good Food, Poor Service”
Review of The Downtown

The Downtown
Ranked #62 of 143 Restaurants in Red Bank
Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 31, 2013

It was a rainy day in Red Bank so we slipped into this restaurant for lunch. It has a big bar in the middle with tables around the sides. We sat at a table. There was 5 of us, 3 visiting from CA and 2 local friends. 4 out of the 5 of us ordered sushi and loved it. I got a beautiful salad with grilled chicken. The food was very good, but the service was poor. The waitress never checked back with us after the food came. The only way we got any service at all was when we asked the bus boy to help us. The restaurant is definitely worth a visit, but hopefully the service will be better than it was for us.

1  Thank CAMom92082

Reviewed May 13, 2013

This was my third time here. First off the sushi is excellent. If you can order the Sea Bright roll do it and I promise you won't be disappointed. I love the atmosphere, music and the staff is friendly. You won't regret stopping here.

Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

A real surprise! The service and food is excellent. Good bar atmosphere , definitely loud! Several high tops and large bar for relaxing and noshing. Great black bean burgers with tomato fennel soup. Good selection of sushi for apps. The stoli lemonade was delish, muddled fresh lemons with stoli vodka. Yummy, would definitely go back.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

I really like this place to meet up with friends. Its a very casual atmosphere and the bartenders are really good. It does get very loud downstairs when someone is playing. I dont go upsatirs too often as the crowd is very young.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

My daughters and husband love their cuisine, but I do not. I do not find too many things in their menu that I can eat, but they claim that whatever they order is always good, fresh, and well prepared. I agree with that, but I find the menu kind of limited.