“Good vibe, fun, food is OK”
Review of The Downtown

The Downtown
Ranked #60 of 142 Restaurants in Red Bank
Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 17, 2013

This bar/restaurant is a bit noisy, but it is lively and has pretty good bar food. We have had beers and sushi at the bar several times and it is a fun spot.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Had a great Sunday lunch at good prices...service a little slow due to the crowd and football games being on....but very attentive when they could be. Has entertainment on several nights..parking can be a challenge in Red Bank.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

The Downtown is a good choice for a quick and yummy lunch in downtown Redbank, NJ. Service was good and so was the food. I ordered the Hummus starter (a huge bowl of hummus with soft, warm pita). My husband had a Chicken Romano Sandwich which was too big to finish. My son had fish and chips (the chips are delicious – sprinkled with rosemary salt, the fish was nothing special). The place is nicely decorated with seating at high tables or the bar. The only drawback was that they added 20 % gratuity to our check. I normally like to have a choice in the matter as we were a small table of only three people. I will go back though!

Reviewed December 1, 2012

After reading all the negative reviews I was concerned when a group dinner was booked there. When we got there we were seated immediately up stairs. Our waitress came over and was very sweet. We decided to start with appetizers and loved them. The hit was the goat cheese and fig pizza but every appetizer was great. We had the hummus, the short rib nachos and the Thai basil wings. Everyone devoured all of it, enjoying every bite. It was so good most of us ordered more appetizers deciding on more pizza and wings, fish tacos, end amine, and sushi. Others got sandwiches and salads. We went out for a nice meal and wound up devouring these delicious dishes. We went there with such low expectations and left there very satisfied. We usually go to top rate restaurants at the jersey shore and despite it being "kids" place and mainly a bar, it was excellent. We would recommend this to anyone who wanted great food, service and atmosphere.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

I had a 14 person party 30th birthday, RESERVED weeks prior. We got there, tables were not ready. We were given the option of waiting or going to a private back room which they had to set up. We ordered, ate, drank.....The waitress was never there. We had to go and find her numerous times. The food was horrible. 500 dollars later, we had to find the waitress to pay the bill. We paid the bill. Then we were forced to wait 30 minutes to go upstairs after we paid 10 dollars each. In the meantime, they had several known "rich/Red Bank druggies" walking in the door passing us. We originally were 14 in the party. 5 of us made it upstairs due to the ridiculous wait. I had fun because I have fun no matter where I go. However, I would NEVER go again or recommend someone or a party to attend.

1  Thank Lindsey B

Been to The Downtown? Share your experiences!