“Bar crowd/not family oriented”
Review of The Downtown

The Downtown
Ranked #60 of 143 Restaurants in Red Bank
Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Fish taco appetizer was good and so were the Thai basil wings. French fries were delicious. Shepard's Pie not so good. Burger was very good.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

The Downtown is a perfect example of a place that has no idea of what it wants to be. The result is a jumbled mess of a concept. The food is terrible, at best. The drinks are over priced and the place is dirty! Maybe that's why they keep it so dark inside. The night I was there I saw the bartenders and servers all doing shots together. Awesome! Not! Why was I waiting for a drink while the staff drinks. Totally unprofessional. Management is obviously clueless and incompetent. As for the music. Same old same old. Bad cover acts. And to add insult to injury there was a $10 cover charge. If I'm going to spend $10 on regurgitated music, I would've bought the last Kid Rock record. If you even think of going to this place, you better apologize to yourself. Do yourself a favor, grab a six-pack and stay home.

2  Thank 30Mike
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I went here for the first time to see a band with friends, and I was impressed. There's an upstairs and downstairs. We went up to the very cool loft, sat at the bar, and ordered food and cocktails. Our bartender was awesome, recommending wines and refilling empty glasses efficiently. The sushi was fantastic. I think I had a Shrewsbury Roll, and we also ordered the fried calamari which was also delicious. The place got pretty crowded when the band came on, so if you're not into drunk crowds, it won't be for you. That's what we were there for, though, and it was a very good experience.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

Cute little downtown, with nice little shops and good places to eat.

Reviewed May 22, 2012

I have tried to give this place a second and even third try - the last time was Sunday Brunch - the food took an hour and it was not crowded - the "manager" was unapologetic and really made you feel like you were cattle to be moved.

I will not return to The Downtown

* I realize this is a popular nightlife venue and I do not have an opinion of it's value in that regard. I was only there for lunch or brunch.