“Best mexican in the area”

Juanito's Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 143 Restaurants in Red Bank
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 25, 2012

If you're in the red bank area, you need to try it. Great value and selection. Gets crowded on Friday and Saturday so try to avoid peak hours.

Reviewed May 1, 2012

Went there once with friends who kept raving about the food. After having been to Mexico a few times, I can tell you that we were served dumbed-down Mexican and I kept trying to find real flavor in the flautas I ordered. I may have just ordered the wrong dish, but my husband felt the same way about his dish. The atmosphere was okay-very crowded, but patrons seemed to be enjoying themselves. The evening was a disappointment, as we were sort of looking to recreate the wonderful food we had while in Mexico. We will not go there again.

1  Thank dolomary
Reviewed March 29, 2012

Small inside the restaurant, and had to wait a short time, which we were prepared for on a weekend night. But we were seated very quickly. We were then served with what seemed to be homemade warm tortilla chips and salsa. Ordered the "Burrito Loco" special, which was recommended by a friend. With a chipotle creamy sauce. (You get to choose a sauce to your liking with my dish) .It was AMAZING, which I expected! Very large portion from this dish, had to take some home. Next time will try the fried ice-cream, IF... I have room that is. Was definately full! Highly recommend, large menu, many selections, very satisfied! :-)

...also, BOYOB which is great too!

Reviewed February 21, 2012

We ate at Juanito's before a show at the Count Basie theater. The location is convenient next to the train station, which allows free parking after 11:00 AM.

Reviewed January 29, 2012

I always have one of the salads and I am never disappointed. Bring your own.

1  Thank Sheila H