“Great experience.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of 3 Olives Mediterranean Bar & Restaurant - CLOSED

3 Olives Mediterranean Bar & Restaurant
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, Afghani, American, Greek, Grill, Fusion
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Wall Street
Transit: Raritan Train Station
Description: From Greece to Italy to Spain to Morocco to Afghanistan, 3 Olives Mediterranean Afghan Bar & Grill has it all. Our newly renovated Full bar and Dining room is located in the heart of Raritan, NJ. We include a variety of Mediterranean cuisine, including traditional Afghan foods. Everything On our menu down to our home-made naan Afghan bread is made from only the freshest ingredients appealing to even the most health conscious of diners. Our entrees include beef, lamb and chicken kabobs, seafood from Mahi Mahi to scallops, T-Bone steaks and traditional lamb gyros. Our Chef uses a traditional blend of Mediterranean herbs and spices to marinate our seafood and meats to enhance its natural flavoring. 3 Olives has a full service bar featuring many top shelf liquor and unique micro brews and craft beers. Some of our craft beer include Honker's Ale and Koko Brown, Victory Prima Pilsner, Angry Orchard, & Blue Moon with more to come.
Clinton, New Jersey
“Great experience.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

Twelve of us recently had dinner here on a Saturday night. Great food, reasonable prices, great service. The staff was very accommodating to give us 12 individual checks when other restaurants might balk at the idea. It's not easy serving 12 people and everyone got the right meals at the right time. It has a bar and drinks are reasonably priced. Had sheer chai - a tea w/whipped cream-a first for me, that was surprisingly delicious at dessert. Everyone enjoyed their meals. I had a salmon dish with spices I couldn't identify, but anyone who isn't adventurous would find the salmon to their liking. I just prefer ordering salmon when I go out and found this to be delicious. If anyone needed something made special, there was no problem with that, too. That's good service when the restaurant staff accommodates YOU and not the other way around. The atmosphere is simple. There was also a belly dancer on this Saturday night. She was great and many of the patrons got up to dance. We had a great time and will be back. Thank you, Three Olives for a very nice evening.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank ssg47

New Jersey
“Neighborhood Gem”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

Had lunch there at the urging of friends and walked away a fan. We loved the food, the service and new decor of the old Mugs restaurant. Portions and prices are reasonable, the service friendly and efficient without being rushed. It's a nouvelle sort of Afghan cuisine, very well done. The Aushak stuffed with leeks (not the more usual pumpkin) and the Masala soup were truly delicious; the main dishes delivered solid taste. Everything was fresh and fragrant. We'll be back many times and hope that this establishment is here to stay.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank citygirlpz
New Jersey
“Very nice food, kind of different experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

It is a very nice restaurant near the junction of NJ-287 and 22/202/206. They offer a fusion of Afghani, Turkish and Greek cuisines. Everything tastes very good. We ordered chicken and beef kabobs, lamb stew and a couple of small dishes, like an egg plant and pumpkin appetizer. The lamb was extremely good - melted in the mouth, and it was tasty with only a little bit of lamb smell. My wife had the kabobs - that was great too. We also had their "Masha" soup, which was very tasty. I am into various traditional foods (my wife is an amazing chef - she can virtuously cook a large variety of authentic Chinese, Russian and European dishes!) In addition, I was born and raised in Uzbekistan, where the traditional cuisine resembles that of Afghanistan. So, I believe, I can say that the styles and flavors they use in this restaurant are close to authentic, although it is a fusion, of course. The chef told us he is actually from Afghanistan, but he lives in the US for 30 years. The waitress was helpful and attentive. I would recommend this place to a friend.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Vitaly P
Scotch Plains, New Jersey
“A New Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

3 Olives Mediterranean Bar & Grill is a great choice for something different. The menu is a fusion of Middle East and Afghan Food. I had no idea what to expect but was pleasantly surprised. Lunch starts off with Afghan bread in three types of flavored oil. The soup is delicious as well as the cajun chicken sandwich. The wraps are generously filled with meat and vegetables and a pastry chef is on staff offering an array of deserts. Great choice!

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank L M
Westford, Massachusetts
“Wonderful Gem off the beaten path for travelers---Find it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

I used to live in Bridgewater and travel back a few times a month. One of my friends had said she loved this place and so we went. We both loved it! The only fault....we ate too much. We asked lots of questions and we got wonderful help picking out everything. The food was excellent along with service and atmosphere. It is very inexpensive also. I do not think we spent $50 with appetizers, entrees and desserts for 2 (not including alcohol). Our only disappointment was the desserts. I love baklava, but the one here was very moist --to the point of being soggy-- in my opinion.

We will definitely return and would highly recommend!

• Visited April 2013