“Excellent food and experience!”

Uncle Vinnie's Clam Bar
Ranked #1 of 40 Restaurants in Raritan
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed July 10, 2014

We were so impressed by everything about Uncle Vinnie's. We had heard great reviews for years, but went for the first time last week. We arrived at 8:30 and were seated pretty quickly. We had the calimari and the clams oreganato for appetizers and both were great. My husband had the soft shell crabs - he was given the option of having pasta or vegetables on the side and he chose the broccoli rabe. It was wonderful. I had the scallops, which were served over greens. The scallops were cooked absolutely perfectly. It was an amazing entree. In addition to the amazing food, the service was wonderful. The waitstaff was pleasant and attentive. The owner even stopped by to check on our meal. We look forward to returning again soon.

Reviewed July 5, 2014

What a lovely experience! However, I was warned by my uncle NOT to have a starter and main, but just to settle with a starter, as being English it might be too much for me. He was right. An amazing pile of seafood spaghetti, sharp, fresh and delicious, with a very generous ration of seafood to pasta. It was amazing, in a setting that reminded me somewhat of the Sopranos. A truly memorable, pleasant experience. Next time I am in New York I will certainly take another trip over to eat there - the menu deserves full investigation.

1  Thank whothefox
Reviewed April 30, 2014

I had the soft-shelled crab special with greens - awesome. Just right. My travel partner had the grouper special and he did nothing but rave about it, including the fact it was enough food for two. This was my second time at Uncle Vinnie's, and I will definitely return when I am in the area.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Uncle Vinnie's serves delicious Italian-style seafood dishes. The restaurant has its own bar and a nice atmosphere (not too noisy either). Service was very good and our waiter very friendly. I've eaten there twice and will go back again. It is a very popular restaurant (I've even seen our mayor there!) and somewhat small so it can sometimes be difficult to get a table (they don't take reservations unfortunately).

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Unlikely find in this off the beaten path restaurant. Copious portions lend towards sharing. The seafood salad had scungilli, calamari, clams, shrimp.
Main course of lobster fra diavlo over linguini was just spicy enough for me...not to mention the 1 1/2 pound lobster.
There is a full bar and the wines are well priced.
They do not accept reservations, so come early or during the week.