“Location, location, location”

Uncle Vinnie's Clam Bar
Ranked #1 of 40 Restaurants in Raritan
Cuisines: Seafood, Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
nj
“Location, location, location”
Reviewed April 10, 2012

Our table was right next to the bathroom and we had a steady stream of people making the trip. The tables are very close together and we have had much better food elsewhere. No reason to sit next to the bathroom and eat average food. This place does have it's following and I cannot figure out why.

Visited August 2011

Princeton, New Jersey
“Freshest Fish in NJ!!!!”
Reviewed March 1, 2012

We visited Uncle VInnie's two times in February and were extremely pleased both times.

I checked for the restaurant on Trip Advisor however they were not on here. I sent in a request to Trip Advisor (because the food was just THAT GOOD) and was notified today that it had been listed.

It is so hard to find fresh fish anywhere in NJ. We live in Italy 1/2 the year and are so spoiled by the fresh fish. When we come back to the US it is normally such a disappointment- NOT ANYMORE!

This clam bar was very busy on both of the Friday evenings we visited. They do not take reservations so get there early. The menu has a large selection and so far I have tried the Shrimp Oreganata and the Whole Fish (Red Snapper) which were both amazing! Also tried my fiancees sword fish which was delightful.

The Blue Point oysters according to my dad are better than our favorite oyster places.

I have not been to their market next door, but that is next on my list. They offer lunch and I believe an early dinner.

Try this restaurant, you won't be sorry. Uncle Vinnie will be waiting to greet you as you walk in!

• Visited February 2012