“As You'd Expect from a HI Express”

Holiday Inn Express Ramsey-Mahwah
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Ramsey
Clearwater, Florida
“As You'd Expect from a HI Express”
Reviewed March 26, 2010

The hotel was average & on par with other Holiday Inn Express. The rooms were standard. Having a micro-fridge was a nice bonus. Breakfast included also adds to the value. The staff was friendly & had cookies & other snacks upon check-in. The breakfast was the usual hot breakfast that HI Express offers - and same poor quality. But hey, its free & will tide you over til lunch! Beds & pillows were comfortable. Sink & vanity are located outside of the bathroom - which is good and bad depending on the situation. A/C-heat system was not very responsive and overall noise was minimal. It is set back from Route 17 (unlike the HI in Paramus) which helps to eliminate noise from traffic. I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Korean first
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed January 1, 2010

We just love Holiday Inn Express hotels because of the free breakfast and free wifi. This hotel had a central location to our shopping trip and a big parking lot for our rental car. Next door was a Chili's and a bunch of other restaurants. The rooms were really nice.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Washington DC
Reviewed November 10, 2009

Nice staff, rooms OK but nothing special. Had to get a new key everyday after going up to the third floor to my room to find my key did not work. hallways were very dingy and bordered on being seedy. They overcharged me one night and after I questioned it I knew I was getting nowhere so just said the heck with it. Plenty of nicer hotels for the same money in that town. Best thing about it was it's proximity to la Gondola Pizzaria in Ramsey.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Philladelphia
Reviewed October 26, 2009

The hotel is just fine. Clean, fresh and well kept. What is the most important - front desk manager attitude. We arrived at 9AM after very long flight without previous reservation just going up from Newark to upstate NY. We got extra day free so decided to stop somewhere in NJ to take a one day break. We were offered so early check in at no extra charge. And the gentleman said: “have a breakfast before you go to sleep…” It was just unbelievable considering that hotel was almost fully booked. This was true meaning of hospitality. We definitely stay there again we are in the area.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
MONTREAL
Reviewed August 21, 2009

On August 1, 2009 I was making my way to Bethay Beach Delaware with my family and with our friends ( a couple with four kids ) and we decided to stay over night in Ramsey N.J . We stopped for a coffee and decided to pick the Holiday Inn Express to spend the night. When we showed up at the hotel around 11:00 we received a very warm welcome from the Gentlemen at the Reception Desk. He kindly asked us if we were members of the Priority Club, since I am I had no issue what so ever getting the preferred rate. Since my frind was not that gentlemen offered to my frind to register him while booking his reservation so he ended uo also getting the preferred rate. The rooms were clean and we had the opportunity to enjoy their excellent continental breakfast the next morning. I am planning on staying at this hotel next time I will be in this area.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Bow, NH
Reviewed April 15, 2009

After many years of staying with family while in Northern NJ and zooming past all the hotels along Rte. 17, it was our first time needing to stay at a local hotel. While our expectations were perhaps set a bit lower based on some other reviews, we were very happy with our stay and with the very helpful and friendly front desk staff. Yes, do yourself a favor and request a room on the back of the hotel vs. on Rte. 17. With a room on the backside of the hotel and the black out drapes, you'll sleep soundly and think you were located in a much quieter place. The more recent renovation was plain to see with attractive room finishings and color scheme. My local relatives will gladly recommend it to others with visitors looking for a place to stay. The continental breakfast was just fine and was nicely set up and well maintained. Having a small fitness room/area would make it even better. And, free internet access was great (unlike some other hotels up the road.)

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
London, UK
Reviewed April 13, 2009

I booked this via the internet for a business trip. I requested a room at the back which was lovely and quiet - the one's at the front may be more noisy as it is by Route 17. The staff were great and the location was perfect for me. The room was cleaned daily to an excellent standard and the staff couldn't do enough for me throughout my stay. It was good value for miney in comparison to other hotels in the area but quite pricey generally (possibly due to its proximity to New York). Complimentary high speed internet, tea and coffee making facilities in the room plus breafast was included. There is no room service/restaurant but it is within walking distance of a number of restaurants.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ramsey
Best Western The Inn At Ramsey
Courtyard Mahwah
Courtyard Mahwah
#3 of 8 in Mahwah
Homewood Suites by Hilton Mahwah

Been to Holiday Inn Express Ramsey-Mahwah? Share your experiences!