“Very average”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Ramsey
Toronto
“Very average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

Compared to Holiday Inn Express at Fort Montgomery and Chelsea Monroe, the room was much smaller and not as clean. The entrance is right off the highway and the traffic was loud enough to prevent a good nights rest. Staff was extremely friendly.

Room Tip: Away from Highway.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
apurva14, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Ramsey-Mahwah, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Dear Love2Travel66,

We appreciate your feedback and we are sorry that we did not meet all your expectations. In the future, if you do give us another opportunity, we will ensure you get a room on the backside. We appreciate the comment about our friendly staff. Thank you for staying with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Korean first
Whitman, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

This team has it down. They always make me feel welcome, as if am the only visitor. Love the greeting and service they continue to provide me with every time I return to this location. Will continue to be location of preference when visiting USR/Ramsey area.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Catskill Mts.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

This Holiday Inn is obviously an older one, but from what I experienced they try very hard to make your stay enjoyable. Every staff member I ran into was friendly and helpful. I would highly reccommend that you ask for a room AWAY from the road because you will hear Rt. 17 constantly. I am from the Catkill Mts. so I am used to hearing owls at night, big difference! The room was on the small side, but very clean. Wi-Fi worked excellent. Warm cookies (Otis Sputmeyer (sp?)) came out at 5:00, yummy! My husband and I were there on Columbus Day and the place was packed so I don't want to say this is how things are usually there because I'm sure it's not this crowded normally but..... when we went down for breakfast all there was left was bages, oatmeal and cereal. The staff worked their butts off to continue to bring out scrambled eggs, sausage, etc, but they were eaten up as quick as they came out. NO Cinnabons at all that morning! I had oatmeal, juice, coffee and a banana and it was probably a healthier breakfast then what I would have chosen if everything was out, so I guess that worked out ok! Food, coffee and hot water was constantly being replenesed though, it was just so crowded. This has nothing to do with the hotel, but there is an IKEA up the road about 10 miles and my husband and I went there, I love that store now!

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper ask for a room AWAY from Rt. 17!!!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Hernando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

I am not a fan of Holiday Inns and usually don't stay there, but I made an exception when I read the terrific reviews. They were right, this one is the exception that proves the rule. The room was what you'd expect from Holiday Inn, clean and comfortable, and the beds were exceptionally nice. There was very little room to spare, so if you plan an extended stay, I would ask for a larger room, but we were there for one night, so it didn't make a difference.

We were greeted by Hina and David. You're famous on Trip Advisor I told her and she grinned; I'm sure she's heard it before. David worked with Hina to coordinate our checkin and give us the requested room away from Rt. 17 noise. Hina also offered dinner recommendations, got us hooked up with a wifi password, and we had all the comforts of home.

It's the small things that distinguish hotels - Holiday Inn from Hampton from XYZ. But it's the people that make guests feel welcome, and Hina and her staff were exceptional.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back, away from Rt. 17, if you want quiet.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
apurva14, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Ramsey-Mahwah, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear mariawFL,

Thank you for the fabulous review! Our staff is our best asset and we take great pride in them. We appreciate your comments and look forward to your next visit with us.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

Just how good is this hotel..the best in the area. In the area two nights a week..tried five other hotels before I found this gem. The staff is friendly and tries to make your stay comfortable from the offer of a bottle of water and a crunch bar when you arrive or depart to the well appointed rooms with fridge and microwave. They have great led big screen tv's with HBO. The breakfast is extensive and includes eggs, rolls, pancakes, cereals and more. Great choice for Ramsey/Mahwah NJ.

Stayed October 2013
Salem, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

I was visiting relatives in Suffern, and this hotel had a decent rate and being an IHG Platium member, I usually gravitate towards IHG hotels. Figuring out how to get to the hotel coming from the north was a big of a challenge (thank You NJ-DOT road designs). NJ-17 is not a fun road to get on/off of. But upon entry of the hotel, it became instantly relaxing with the cozy lobby and friendly front desk staff. We were upgraded to a suite, which was a very nice room. Everything in the room was comfortable. My wife enjoyed the jacuzzi tub! The only negative was the room faced the front of the hotel, so we could hear the busy NJ-17 traffic.

In the morning, breakfast was very godo with a nice selection to choose from. I asked the front desk some help finding a local home center store, they were very helpful. I would consider staying here again in the future.

Room Tip: Choose a room not facing the highway
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

We stayed there for a long week end getaway . easy location , near to restaurants and a just a walk to a supermarket. the staff was kind and friendly. clean room and bathroom ,comfortable bed and pillows.
I recommand it

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank sally4get
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ramsey
Hampton Inn & Suites Mahwah
BEST WESTERN the Inn at Ramsey
Homewood Suites by Hilton Mahwah
Extended Stay America - Ramsey - Upper Saddle River
Sheraton Mahwah Hotel
Courtyard Mahwah
Courtyard Mahwah
#4 of 8 in Mahwah

Been to Holiday Inn Express Ramsey-Mahwah? Share your experiences!