“Decent hotel with very good service”

Holiday Inn Express Ramsey-Mahwah
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Ramsey
Reviewed July 6, 2012

This property is pretty nice. Good location on SR17 in Mahwah, NJ. Rooms are pretty spartan but clean. Hector is great! He helped us with reservations, changes we made and checking on us while we stayed here. If you face the highway, you'll hear road noise unless you put your A/C fan on high, ask for a room facing the rear of the property. We visited family so this motel/hotel was perfect for us. Good price for this area. Breakfast was better than average with scrambled eggs, omelettes, pancakes, muffins, cereal, fruit, yogurt, juice and coffee/tea. We'll come back because of the value and service.

Room Tip: Choose a room that faces opposite Route 17.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Warren B

Reviewed June 21, 2012

First off: the breakfast was top notch!!! Clean and spacious rooms and wonderful staff! It's right by Pizza Hut, so that's helpful too!! I will be back to this hotel!! :)

Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 11, 2012

As a birthday gift to myself, I booked into this hotel so I could escape the pressures of life for a day or two and take time to pamper with peace and quiet. I got so much more than what I expected when I walked through those doors. Greeted by an amazing staff member, Hector, who checked me in and made sure every need was met after a long drive from Delaware. I called from the road and he assured me my reservation. He's an invaluable asset to the establishment as well as "HINA" who treated me like a family member. You don't find employees like them very often in this labor market. I could give them all the credit in the world, but I wish the Owner's would find it in their hearts to reward them with a little extra cash or at review time (a recognizable raise)?......lol

I believe in taking the time out to write with compliments, as much as I believe in letting people know when a complaint in warranted.

I never would have considered a Holiday Inn Express to be at the standards of a "Hilton Chain" but my son was on a mission with the Red Cross and told me of HIS experience. He was so impressed he called the Corporate office along with writing a review.

Everyone from Housekeeping to the Handyman (behind the scenes) provided professionalism, protection and prompt service. Who needs the Hilton when you have a Holiday Inn in Ramsey that treats you like the "Trump".

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Christine S
Reviewed June 6, 2012

We stayed at this hotel only one night but was great right from the time we walked into the lobby. Behind the front desk was a guy named Hector who such a nice person right from the start. Very helpful with any questions we had and just a genuinely nice person. The room was very clean and for the price it was way over what would be expected. We stayed in the king size room and the bed was so comfortable. Best nights sleep we had in a long time :). Coffee, tea, juice etc were available 24 hrs right off the lobby. In the lobby in the evening they had fresh yummy cookies you could take any time you wanted. We did not take advantage of the free breakfast but I am sure that probably was awesome too considering how great everything else was. Out of all the Holiday Inns we have stayed in, this was our FAVORITE and we will for SURE be staying here again.

Room Tip: Get the king size room, the bed was so awesome and comfortable.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gina D
Reviewed May 29, 2012

The receptionist's Hina, Hector and Craig were awesome, helped me find local attractions to go see and were very friendly. They even helped me get my X-Box live account up and running. The rooms were clean and well maintained. Second time staying here and I plan on coming back here when in town. Excellent service; keep up the great work all! Also the breakfast was the best with good variety!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Robert C
Reviewed May 14, 2012

this Hotel was a great location for an event we wanted to attend nearby. It is nice and clean the breakfast was great and there are bars and restaurants nearby, try the Macaroni grill nearby great value and good atmosphere. The staff were all very helpfull and friendly, a special thanks to Hina for aranging a great driver Louis to collect from JFK and drive us around on our stay.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank vveltom
Reviewed May 12, 2012

While this could be considered a budget hotel, the accommodations were first class. The staff was very accommodating and completely met all of our needs. The staff gives the impression that no question or concern is any issue at all and that they can handle anything. The breakfast was very good. The hotel was very clean and comfortable overall.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank bk3104
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ramsey
Best Western The Inn At Ramsey
Fairfield Inn & Suites Mahwah
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#5 of 8 in Mahwah

Been to Holiday Inn Express Ramsey-Mahwah? Share your experiences!