“Surprising amenities”

Best Western The Inn At Ramsey
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Ramsey
Reviewed February 6, 2014

I needed a hotel room in Northern Jersey for a night & a morning and was looking to spend under $100. I wasn't expecting a room with a whirlpool tub and luxury shower but that's what I found here. Although a little dated, it was pretty nice and relaxing. A bit noisier than I like (adjacent rooms and heater) but overall experience was good. Breakfast was better than most and I didn't have to go out into the snowstorm to have lunch either, as there is a connecting restaurant with pretty good crab cakes. Shovels were available to dig my car out of the snow.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank James H
Greg W, General Manager at Best Western The Inn At Ramsey, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

James H,

Thank for commenting on your stay at our hotel. I glad you enjoyed the whirlpool bath, breakfast
and our restaurant. Hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed February 1, 2014

Hotel is set right on Route 17. The farther back from the highway the better the chance of less road noise though it really was not a problem and I am a very light sleeper. No elevators in this two story building so if stairs are an issue request 1st floor. Full breakfast served. Hotel was under construction as was the parking lot but they did well in keeping down the noise. Attractive lobby, coffee and tea available 24/7, friendly staff.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Giggy,

Thank for describing you stay at our hotel. Concerning your observation about highway not being
an issue, that is because we installed sound proof windows in all guest rooms facing the highway as a result for the most part highway traffic noise for the most part has been eliminated in our guest rooms. Additionally, all hotel and restaurant construction is now completed. I glad overall it appears you had satisfying stay.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

I stayed there with my father and we have absolytely nothing bad to say about it. Great breakfast, nice location for travelers and a clean and well-kept place. There are some stores at a walking distance, so if you get bored, you can always go there. Just remember that in Jersey they are closed on sundays...

Room Tip: No bad choices, really...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank AlineC83

AlineC83,

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. I glad you enjoyed your visit and our hot buffet breakfast. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

Nice clean hotel for very good price. We were shopping Woodbury Common Premium Outlets and hotel is close there and to NYC as well. Breakfast was OK too. Very nice staff in the hotel. Little bit noisy air-condition / heating. I will stay there again ….

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Martin5544
Greg W, General Manager at Best Western The Inn At Ramsey, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

Martin 5544,

Thank you for description of your recent stay at our hotel. I do apologize for the issue you experienced with the heater noise. Our maintenance department will address the problem or replace the unit. I am glad you found our hotel conveniently located to Woodbury Commons and the good value we offer. We do have many guests who do stay at hotel who have made similar comments. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

I tend to do a lot of traveling since my fiance is in the military and we never tend to be in one place for much too long. This trip I wanted to try Best Western for a getaway after my fiance came back from deployment. For the most part it was an excellent stay. The only problem I has was parking by my room throughout the day. There are times that it was so packed that we had to wait around for a parking spot and it was not even because many people were staying at the hotel at the time but because if the restaurant next to it. Other than that I have absolutely no complaints about this hotel. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Minerva N

Minerva N.,

Thank you for describing your experience at our hotel during your recent stay. I do apologize for
for the wait you encountered for an available parking spot. Since its recent opening restaurant has become very popular in the local community and as a result from time to time their can be a wait to find a parking spot. We are looking into measures to address this issue. Again thank you for choosing our hotel.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

Nice hotel good value. ,breakfast was good the showers are not great water temp. changes when another room turns there's on.the restaurant that it is connected to was very good and has gotten very good reviews. I would certainly stay here again

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank John L

John L.

Thank you for comments concerning our hotel. i do apologize for the problem you had with the
lack of hot water. I have notified our maintenance staff about the problem you encountered they will investigate the issue take corrective measures to address the problem. I am glad overall you enjoyed stay and we look forward to your return visit with us.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

Great time, clean rooms great staff afford-ably priced. i always stay here when I travel to NYC, I would recommend to all. Good food hot tub stand up sit down shower with 3 heads. Close to restauraunts

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Paul B.

Thank you for your kind comments concerning our hotel. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. And we look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.

Greg Wolf

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ramsey
Holiday Inn Express Ramsey-Mahwah
#1 of 2 in Suffern
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#5 of 8 in Mahwah

Been to Best Western The Inn At Ramsey? Share your experiences!