“Celia, Breakfast Room”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Ramsey
Anchorage, Alaska
“Celia, Breakfast Room”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

The Best Western In Ramsey is rebuilding their Breakfast Room. That is always confusing in a hotel. The kitchen workers obviously were working extra fast to make certain customer needs were not slowed by the construction. Especially polite, happy, and diligent to customer needs was Celia. Celia is just the sort of dedicated hard worker who makes life easier for weary travelers from Anchorage, Alaska. Kudos to Celia.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Greg W, General Manager at Best Western The Inn At Ramsey, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Jeffery S,

Thank you for your feedback and your patience during the restaurant renovations. I will pass on
your compliments to Celia. I am sure she will greatly appreciative of her recognition by you.

We hope to see you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Korean first
Coventry, VT
Reviewed May 9, 2013

This inn has obviously been working at upgrading, cleaning and improving and tho it needs more, it was clean, functional and the help were friendly and there for us. There is no elevator and that's a problem with luggage. Beds were good and there were ample amenities. A good stopover place with a convenient location on the highway with stores and restaurants close by.

Room Tip: Front rooms hear traffic noise on Rt 17 which never sleeps so if that bothers you, consider that.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Roberta J.

Thank for your feedback and kind words. I will make certain to pass it on to our staff. It is very
satisfying for all our staff hear compliments from our guests.

We look forward to serving you again in the future.
Highland Ca
Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

Employee doing check in was surly & unfriendly. She tossed some packaged cookies on the counter ( I guess that was supposed to be a welcome gift but it sure didn't feel like it). She did tell us the best door for us to use was number 1. This facility has NO elevator! So if you have a second floor room walk up is the only way. This information needs to be on the website so older folks or those with a physical limitation can choose not be stuck when they arrive. Our room was dirty & the bathroom was disgusting with black hair in the corner behind the door and under the counter. The shower water temperature fluctuated from burning to freezing during the shower. Breakfast was over cooked and dried out. The bed was hard and the mattress pad did not fit and bunched up under the sheet which also came undone & was bunching up. Internet service was spotty and every time you went online you had to sign on again. We are just finishing up a 2 week vacation and this was definitely our worst stop of all.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Greg W, General Manager at Best Western The Inn At Ramsey, responded to this review, May 18, 2013
Robert K,

I was disappointed and concerned to read your review of our hotel. I am disappointed as we always endeavor to provide a courteous and welcoming environment to all our guests.
And we usually receive compliments about our courteous and friendly front office staff,
the variety and quality of our breakfast, and the cleanliness of our guest rooms.
This complaint is disturbing as we strive to maintain superior cleanliness of our guest rooms. I sincerely apologize for the poor experience you encountered at our hotel. Had we have been aware of the room issues as you described them, we would have immediately changed your room and addressed each and every issue as soon as possible.

It is unfortunate we do not have an elevator. However, we are a 2 story hotel so
half of our rooms are on the first floor. Additionally, we have 5 ADA rooms on the first
floor for any guest with a physical disability. The ADA rooms can be requested in advance online or by contacting our hotel directly.

Please contact me at 201-327-6700, ext. 7313 so I can investigate this matter further and
resolve this matter to your satisfaction.

Greg Wolf

Travelers are raving about these Ramsey hotels

Goshen, CT
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Booked for one night visiting family, with my wife. Only disappointment was double beds instead of a king, apparently the place was pretty booked up and it wasn't available. To be fair I bought the booking on priceline and didn't call ahead, so can't fault them for this, and the beds were very comfortable. Everything was clean and functional. They even had the TV remote in a special little baggie, labelled "fresh remote"! Wasn't quite sure what that was for. Nothing fancy but wasn't expecting anything fancy at this price point, just a clean comfy room. Did not take advantage of the breakfast so can't comment on that. Free wifi was nice. Adjacent bar and grill was closed.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
East Riding of Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 1, 2013

This is a standard Best Western Inn, located on Route 17 South in Ramsay, NJ. When living in Massachusetts, and going to meetings in NJ, this is where I would stay on an overnight visit. It's also a straight shot to Manhattan.

The rooms are basic but clean, the beds are good, there's plenty of parking, free wifi, basic TV, and the room rates are reasonable. Breakfast was included too, but I rarely stayed for that, it wasn't that great. Plastic plates, cups, everything, in a pretty drab room. I can't comment on the on-premise restaurant, I never used it for dinner.

But for a quick stay at a reasonable rate, this place was well located for my travel purposes.

Room Tip: If wifi is important, ask for a room with a strong signal.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Ashford, Connecticut, Usa
Reviewed April 30, 2013

when I checked in, I was told the room was on the 2nd floor, not having an elevator I asked for a 1st fl room because of spinal surgery. I was given a room with a jacuzzi a as a huge walk in shower with multiple jets in the wall, All this at my discounted rate. I'm Impressed!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ramsey
Holiday Inn Express Ramsey-Mahwah
Extended Stay America - Ramsey - Upper Saddle River
Homewood Suites by Hilton Mahwah
Sheraton Mahwah Hotel
Hampton Inn & Suites Mahwah
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Mahwah

Been to Best Western The Inn At Ramsey? Share your experiences!