“Great place to stay with convenient location”

Best Western The Inn At Ramsey
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Ramsey
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We stayed at Best Western, Inn at Ramsey from 10/4-10/6/12 while hanging out in NYC for the weekend. The hotel was great. Check-in was a breeze, the room was clean and the bed was ok. Not the most comfortable I've ever been in (both my husband and I have bad backs), but acceptable. Shortly after arrival, our air conditioning in the room quit on us. We were heading out to dinner reservations in nearby Newark, so we waited until we returned to report the issue. The night clerk very simply looked up a new room and moved us...no problem at all! Even better, she was able to put us into the adjoining room, so I just opened up the doors between the two and moved everything over quickly and easily. The fridge in the room worked amazingly well for such a small unit. I put it on the coldest setting and the little freezer section actually refroze my ice packs I had brought in my cooler! Also, my water bottles got so cold that there was even a little ice forming in the bottles. Love it! Breakfast.....amazing. The selection was wonderful, and my only complaint/request would have been for there to have been a "healthy" meat option like turkey sausage for my husband since he does not eat pork. I, on the other hand, totally stuffed my face with waffles and bacon! Lol. The coffee could have been a little better, but it was included so I can't complain too much, but I would be remiss not to mention that the orange juice was WAY too watery and didn't even really taste like orange juice. They could definitely improve on that. The location was great and there were plenty of restaurants nearby, as well as shopping malls, outlets and others. I highly recommend Smashburger, and if you join their email club before you head to Ramsey, you will get an email coupon for buy one get one free entrees, which is a great deal, and the food was great. (The coupon is only good for about a week, so I recommend joining right before you go!). I will agree with other reviewers regarding the uneven hallways, but its not a deal breaker. There was some audible noise from the room next door our first night there, which was a bit annoying, but that could be because I don't have young children and am not used to that kind of noise anymore. :) the only other thing I would mention is that our room was in the back of the hotel, and the clerk told us where to park to be closest to our room since there is no elevator. I found the back lot to be a bit dark at night, and could use another light or two. All in all, I recommend this hotel and will likely stay there again if we head out that way for another trip. (Also, if you check in early enough, the have these AWESOME chocolate chip cookies from David's Cookies that they apparently give to guests checking in. We checked in late and missed out but luckily for me, they were at the front desk as I was checking out and the desk clerk was gracious enough to give me a bag......#DELICIOUS!!!!!!). Thanks for a great stay!

Room Tip: If you have trouble with stairs, ask for a first floor room....there is no elevator and you will hav...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed October 2, 2012

I stayed in a King room with Jacuzzi. There was a fridge/microwave combo and a nice big flat screen. The room was very clean and the bed was nice and comfortable. The staff was extremely attentive and helpful, and very pleasant on top of it! Every single person on staff greets you with a smile and attends to your every need. By far the best hotel experience I have had in a while!

Room Tip: My favorite room is the king bed suite with a 2 person whirlpool jacuzzi.
Reviewed September 22, 2012

One night stand while traveling. Room was clean, but the floors were tilted. Was there some sort of tectonic shift? This may be the reason that the rooms weren't very sound-proof. Restaurant closed, did have a marginal breakfast. It was OK, but expect to hear your neighbors' conversatIons.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Stayed here while visiting a friend who lives on the New York/New Jersey border and it was great for the commute. One downside is that it's on an extremely busy freeway so there were times when it got pretty noisy. The room was clean and comfortable and the staff was great. I was surprised to find that there is no elevator on this property, but we managed since we had packed light. The hotel restaurant is closed but they did have breakfast for us every morning. The breakfast was served in what is or "was" the restaurant but it seemed to be under construction. There is a sign saying that it was closed so hopefully it will reopen again someday. I'd definitely recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Newark area. A bonus is that they have a computer in the lobby for guests and a juice bar as well.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing away from the front of the hotel due to the traffic. It might be a bit quieter...
Reviewed September 11, 2012

The room was great. I was with a friend that has some physical limitations so I had requested a first floor room. I always book online and often my notes go unnoticed. When we arrived at about 5PM on Thursday check in was speedy and the young lady knew I requested lower level. They went one step beyond this and assigned us a handicap accessible room, which was wonderful and convenient. The room was spacious and clean. Great perk Check out is at NOON. Although we had to leave early this is a nice feature, the extra hour compared to other places really makes a difference.

On Friday morning we went to get breakfast and they were out of eggs, out of potatoes, out of coffee.. The morning was not looking good, we had a 4-5 hour drive ahead of us and we were delayed waiting to eat before we got on the road. I think they only had one girl on the breakfast room and there were lots of people waiting for food, I think this is something they need to work on. I had to get my coffee at the front desk before I left. I would advise that you go early so you have time to wait, I spoke with a man that was there and said he was there all week and it was the same everyday.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
gwolf1315, General Manager at Best Western The Inn At Ramsey, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2012

Jessica H.,

Thank you for taking the time to describe your experience at our hotel. I am glad you were
satisfied with room. Concerning you experience with our buffet breakfast. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you encountered. I would also like explain that we continually replenish all food and beverage items during breakfast hours. In fact our attendant is always in the process of preparing additional food and beverage items while she is in our kitchen. It has been my observation that this occurs within no later than 10 to 15 minutes, often much sooner. I will continue to monitor our breakfast service to ensure we provide the superior
service our guest expect.

If in the future you should choose to stay at our hotel again and do not see an item refilled to as soon as you want it please feel free to notify our front desk or breakfast attendant and we will attend to it as soon as possible.

Concerning our staffing we do have additional staff on weekends when we experience higher
demand. Overall I would like to add we receive numerous compliments on a weekly basis
concerning the quality and variety and attentive service of our complimentary buffet breakfast.

Again, my apologizes on the inconvenience you encountered. Please feel free to contact
me directly at 201-327-6700 if you would like to discuss the matter further.

Greg Wolf

Reviewed September 5, 2012

Clean, comfortable, hospitable and did I mention CLEAN!!!! No elevator.....who cares! I spent 4 nights here and was calm cool and collected the whole time. Restaurant was closed a bit of a cramp but we knew this when we booked......plan ahead and pack some snacks....there's a fridge in the room, we brought every thing we needed. The breakfast buffet can't be beat with a stick! It was so good I didn't want to even have lunch! I will be back!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Bob G
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Just checked out of my stay at Best Western. I had a problem on TV whcih was handled immediately..Breakfast was very good....People were freiendly....Had greta front desk help from Alyssa who above and beyound to make our stay very pleasant.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Bill H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ramsey
Holiday Inn Express Ramsey-Mahwah
Comfort Inn & Suites Paramus
Sheraton Mahwah Hotel
2 mi away
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Mahwah
Hampton Inn & Suites Mahwah
Extended Stay America - Ramsey - Upper Saddle River

Been to Best Western The Inn At Ramsey? Share your experiences!