“Always a good meal”
Review of Cafe Panache

Cafe Panache
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Panache is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 87 Restaurants in Ramsey
Cuisines: American, French, Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Franklin Turnpike
Reviewed September 3, 2012

You will always get a good meal at Cafe Panache. The menu is always filled with long term Cafe Panache specialties and seasonal specials. You won't go wrong with the ravioli appetizer. The restaurant has always had great service, but it has slipped slightly since the renovation/expansion. Reservations a must on weekends.

Reviewed August 25, 2012

Corn Ravoil was amazing! My steak came out med well instead of med rare. When I returned it, which I never do, the chef butterflied the same piece of meat and tried to show me it was cooked right, which it wasn't, even butterflied lol. I did get another, smaller , but amazing piece cooked right but I am not one to ever complain and wish they had not tried to pass it off to me a second time when it was clearly not cooked right.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

If you're within driving distance of Ramsey, NJ, try Cafe Panache. The menu has such memorably delicious selections that eating slowly is the best way to experience your choice. Yes, you might say the food is pricey, as I read sample reviews by other diners, but the chef makes each meal worthy every time we've been there. The service is excellent. I ate mushrooms for the first time in my life. They were to be put on my husband's salad, but I tried one. One reason we return is for the mushrooms, in, I believe, in a wild arugula salad. The bread is extraordinary and worthy of foregoing my Celiac (no gluten) limitation.

Reviewed August 19, 2012

The food at this Ramsey, NJ BYO is excellent. The attitude of the people taking reservations leaves much to be desired. While making a recent reservation, I was informed that the only seatings available were 6:15 and 8:15, yet when I arrived for the 6:15 seating, I saw several tables open and people streaming in at 7 and 7:30. Guess you have to be on the "A" list for that. What really rubbed me wrong was a phone call from someone at the restaurant at mid-afternoon of the evening of my reservation. The person on the other end seemed perturbed because I did not call to confirm my ressie. Now.... I am accustomed to the RESTAURANT calling ME to confirm my ressie.... not the other way around. I mean.... the place is a BYO in RAMSEY, NJ for God's sake! Other than the attitude issue - the food is very good.... the wait staff is very nice - they take the "hoity-toity" edge off things.

1  Thank GaGaOf2
Reviewed August 9, 2012 via mobile

A favorite restaurant of mine & my husband, we love to go there but usually save it for special occasions.