“Nice Italian BYOB”

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 24, 2012

Brick oven pizza with a healthy flair.  Good salads and pasta dishes.

Reviewed January 17, 2012

Great neighborhood restaurant. Whether we're ordering take out pizza, dining with friends or for family events, Antonio and his staff go above and beyond. The food is amazing with interesting specials. You will not be disappointed and this friendly BYOB.

1  Thank Tides91
Reviewed October 1, 2011

This is a gem tucked into an unassuming strip mall. The food is prepared fresh and is consistently outstanding, regardless of whether we order one of the specials or from the standard menu. Risotto is often included with the specials and I order it whenever I can -- particularly the mushroom variations. Pizzette is BYO, but there is a good wine store just a couple of doors down.

Reviewed August 7, 2010

We typically love this restaurant for it's quiet atmosphere and ambiance. Pizette allows you to get in and get out and get a delicious home cooked meal in the process, especially when you don't have time to make it yourself. My fiance and I popped in for a late dinner (around quarter to 9pm) expecting our usual wonderful experience, and we were really disappointed.

Our waiter wasn't very attentive. We had sat for a while with our menus closed, waiting patiently. When you're sitting down for dinner at nearly 9pm, I would think it's reasonable to assume that your patrons are likely starving. At one point, my fiance asked for a refill on water, but the waitress seemed too occupied with catching up with another couple next to us to respond. I don't know if that particular couple eats there twice a week, but we definitely didn't feel like our business was important. It's a local restaurant with local patrons, so I would assume they get a lot of repeat customers, but this could be troublesome for first-time diners. Each time a member of the wait staff came over to assist us, he or she was almost PULLED over to the couple next to us for something they needed or was waiting for. Not good.

At one point during dinner, I gave up and just poured some of mine into his glass because I could see he was getting pretty thirsty. Salads were good, but it's good that they are included. Our calamari was soggy and chewy which made it difficult to eat and thus, sort of unappetizing.

However, our entrees were really good and pretty much always are. Perhaps next time we'll skip the appetizer, but they have never been disappointing before. The food is always delicious, but may be a tad over priced for what you get in the long run.

We also had asked to split the check down the middle (he had cash and no card, I had a card and no cash and we're not exactly rolling in dough here) and this request took an exorbitant amount of time and was met with a lot of weird looks and reactions. It was really getting late by the time we got everything back. It was a surprise to some of the wait staff that we were getting impatient. They acted as if nothing was wrong-- and it had been awhile.

Maybe a bottle of wine makes the trip better? I would still recommend Pizette because it's a small, local restaurant whose food packs a punch, but I was just really disappointed this time around. Maybe there needs to be a change of the guard or two.

Reviewed August 2, 2010

I researched this one and it was well worth it! Bring your own wine - don't worry there was a liquor store right next door.

You gotta try the meatballs!!!