“No longer our go to......”
Review of Romano's Macaroni Grill - CLOSED

Romano's Macaroni Grill
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Mahwah, New Jersey
“No longer our go to......”
Reviewed July 30, 2014

My kids love the macaroni grill. My husband and I liked it because we could get great food and drinks, and have an enjoyable dinner with our kids. But, something has changed recently. The atmosphere is very blah. The servers are not enthusiastic. The servers used to have their 'scripts', and wrote their name on the paper table cloth. Now, nothing. I went with my kids on July 29, 2014. We had a seasoned waiter. No water was brought to the table. I ordered my meal and was about to ask for a salad, and he kinda left. Bread was good. Meatballs were good. The chicken fingers were pretty bad- tough and dry. I had veal valdostana, and it was tasty, although the meat itself was not great. The vegetable that came with it was undercooked. Probably most disturbing was they were sweeping the floor during dinner service, and a big rolling bucket and mop were brought to the back room. Hopefully something will change for the better soon.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Bellybirdsmom

Deerfield Township, NJ
“Service and food were excellent.”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

It's been awhile since I have been to a Macaroni Grill, it was a wonderful visit. All of the food was great and the service was great. It was a Saturday night and it was very busy. If you are in the area, this is a good place to go. Prices were good also.

• Visited June 2014
New York City, New York
“good food, wonderful service”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

had the italian sausage and red peppers with roasted potatoes. been join here many years and never had this. delightful though be informed the sausage is spicy. wife had make-your-own pasta and always a hit as you choose the toppings and ingredients. trainee waiter, Matt, trained and supervised well by Helen. Ask for Helen, she is the best waitress!!
they were having half off wine. wife had a glass of Riesling, $4!! I had the house white, $2.75!!
enjoy

• Visited June 2014
Goodyear, Arizona
“Good food but that was it.”
Reviewed June 25, 2014

Ordered a drink but it took almost 10 minutes for our server to comeback and say that it was not available. Looking over a the bar, there was no one sitting at the bar. What we did see was the bartender was the server for tables as other servers stood around and did nothing. I am guessing the ones standing just inside the front door were suppose to great you but that did not happen, there were four standing there when we walked in. We could see the bartender go back to his bar now and then and see and drink order then fill it but that was only after he had a break from his tables. We would not go there again.

Visited June 2014
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Delicious Rare Steak, half priced wine”
Reviewed May 23, 2014

Visited on a Thursday night, restaurant was not very busy. Pleasant decor, table cloths attractive settings, Sinatra-style music. Attentative knowledgable staff. The steak was rare,as ordered, well seared, thick juicy and delicious. The wine list was medium-limited but very well priced with Thursday evening half-priced special incorporated, so a fime California Cabernet was just over $20 a bottle. The meal and atmospherewas relaxed and unhurried. None of the long wait that other reviewers have commented on. For me a cut above the many other chains nearby.

• Visited May 2014