“Three S's - Excellent Staff, Service and Stay”

Extended Stay America - Ramsey - Upper Saddle River
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Ramsey
Teaneck, New Jersey
“Three S's - Excellent Staff, Service and Stay”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I recently had to visit the Northern New Jersey area for a High School Reunion and wanted to stay somewhere close to the highway and not too far from stores and still gave me the comfort of home as this was the first time traveling without my husband and baby.

A friend recommended the Extended Stay in Ramsey and I can not stop thanking them for the recommendation. Let me begin my saying that I arrived late and the representative that checked me in I believe her name was Maria was quite pleasant and quick. She got me in my room in no time. Once settled in I slept very well. In the morning I stopped my the front desk to ask a few questions regarding directions amongst other things and Andrea the GSR was very helpful and was so warm - no matter what I asked she had the answer and if she was not sure she looked it up on the internet getting me the information - that is what I call guest service. During my stay there Andrea always had a smile on her face and made the front desk are so pleasant. Sitting there a few times I could hear her on the phone and interacting with other guests and it was just a pleasure coming across her. You don't find people like very often.

The Grab and Go Breakfast was good when you don't need a full breakfast. The only think I missed was the hot chocolate and choices of danish and muffins would have been even better.

On a whole my stay was very enjoyable and worry free and every staff member, Andrea, Maria and Melissa were just wonderful. I was really shocked by the previous review about them feeling unsafe because I did not feel that at all. Maybe they got their hotels mixed up...... just saying. If I need to be in the area again I will mos definitely stay there and would recommend it to anyone. Thanks for making my stay a great expereince.

Room Tip: I loved the rooms away from the highway - quieter
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Andy s
John D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Ramsey - Upper Saddle River, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a great review. It's great to hear that you are enjoying your stay with us. It is our pleasure to help you with any and all of your hospitality needs. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
CT
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Only getting around to writing this now. I stayed at this location a week and a half ago and I was not happy at all. As I read some of these other posts praising this place I can’t help but wonder if the hotel staff is writing them. The first thing I noticed when I pulled in the parking area there were two unsavory looking people sitting in a car smoking, maybe it was cigarettes but I don’t think so. I checked in this was around 3:45 and told the girl at the front desk about the people in the parking lot. She told me she will tell the manager.
Later around 5:30 I left to get something to eat and the same two people were still there!!! I mean really are you kidding me does this place care about there customers. So I went back inside and I told the front desk that the same people are still partying in your lot and as woman traveling alone I don’t feel safe walking by them or leaving my car there .
She told me she had told her manager and she though he would take care of it, so I asked her did he even go outside and she said I don’t think so. I asked her if he called the police and she said no. So I said I guess then he didn’t do anything. She said probably not, I’ll tell him again I told her no please get him for me and she said he’s not here but I’ll call him. So she called in front of me and had to leave a message.
The next morning around 10:00 I went to the front desk and requested to speak to the manager and I was told he wasn’t in yet, I asked when he would be in and the girl told me she wasn’t sure there is no set time he comes in. I want this "managers" job!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank bet1440
Hotel M, Manager at Extended Stay America - Ramsey - Upper Saddle River, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. The situation you described is not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. To make sure this doesn't happen again, we are checking our lot for loiterers, and will contact the authorities if this continues. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
PA
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I stayed at this location for 2 weeks in March 2012 and it was great, I and even wrote a review because I was impressed. The location was well kept and the employees were very helpful. I was planning to stay here again last week this time for about one week and ended up leaving the second day!

My room had a strange odor and just didnt seem too clean.. So shortly after checking in I complained to the front desk that I wanted a new room. The girl was pleasant but told me that they couldnt move me right now so I would have to wait until the next day to see what they could do. I immediately asked for a manager and was told he wasn't in, I asked when he would be in and she told me between 8-8:30 in the morning.

So at that point I was too tired from traveling to argue any further and figured I would deal with it the next morning. The next morning (9:15) I went to the front desk and asked for the manager and was told he wasnt in yet, I asked when he would be in and I was told he should have been here already. Real nice!!!

Later in the day around 3:00 after a meeting I went back to the front desk and asked for the manager and the girI told me he was in and she would call him. I heard the girl tell the person on the phone (someone named Doug) that there is a customer that wants to speak to you. The girl then asked me what this was about and I expalined about the problem with my room. She repeated it to this Doug and then hung up the phone. She then told me that he is in a meeting and can't talk to you right now.

Are you kidding, I wait almost 20 hours to speak to a manager and he won't speak to me.I told the girl that this unacceptable, and explained that when I was here last year the manager, I can't remember his name was around all the time.

She said "oh that must have been Mario, he's no longer here Doug has taken over for him".. Well that answered my question as to what happend to the service. At that point I told the girl that I would be leaving and returned 10 mins later and checked out!!!

I will never stay here again and will let my company (Fortune 500) know not to use Extended Stay for anyone who has to travel. What a shame it use to be a nice place.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank LateShiftPa
Hotel M, Manager at Extended Stay America - Ramsey - Upper Saddle River, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The situation you described is not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am going to make myself available to you to discuss the situation you described and allow me the chance to explain the days happenings which led to your issues. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at ddellipaoli@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed January 11, 2013

This place by far is the best place to stay in NJ ,if you love your self enough and you need to stay large for a good price this is where you need to go ,the staff is super friendly and the mangager i
Mr Dellipoali is a true gentelman and professional also .I am really pleased at this place ,good inter net clean laundry room and supper big room with kitchen also!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Hotel M, Manager at Extended Stay America - Ramsey - Upper Saddle River, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Brookston
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Recently renovated, which makes this Extended Stay really nice. After driving all day, I was relieved to discover it was conveniently located to the major highway. It has all new furnishings and has been freshly painted. Beds are comfortable and each bed has 4 pillows, from extra firm to feather soft, take your pick. Normal Extended Stay furnishings including the full size refrigerator as well as stove top. Bathrooms and kitchen has had new cabinets and countertops installed. Front desk was extremely friendly last night when I checked in and I didn't have to wait very long. Heater/air conditioner works well and is quiet and the flat screen tv is nice, new carpet throughout. Energysaver light bulbs make the room a little dimmer than normal but when you are saving energy that is what happens.. Breakfast consisted of coffee and granola bars with some oatmeal, just a little pick me up before you start the day. Again, very clean, very nice, a great place to stop and sleep.. Thanks

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Hotel M, Manager at Extended Stay America - Ramsey - Upper Saddle River, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms. We strive to make your stay a comfortable and convenient one. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 27, 2012

I was so happy to find a hotel that was pet friendly, I had looked and looked and finally found one. I was very pleased with the service and how nice to know i was able to travel with my dog. I don't always travel with my dog but this time we were and we needed a nice place that will let me bring her.

Room Tip: I was just happy to know the hotel was pet friendly.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that our pet friendly rate policy was convenient for you. It’s not easy to find a pet friendly hotel but we are glad you found us. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Levittown, New York
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I was very upset about going to NJ for work but fortunately my stay at the hotel was very great. The service was very comforting and it made my time in New Jersey much more pleasant. I was not familiar with the area and was only there for work but everyone at the hotel made me feel really comfortable.

Room Tip: I thought my room was just right!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
TomW771, Manager at Extended Stay America - Ramsey - Upper Saddle River, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for time and thoughts. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay, regardless of not being familiar with the area. We strive to make our guests feel comfortable, and try to offer every convenience we can to make their stays pleasant. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ramsey
Holiday Inn Express Ramsey-Mahwah
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#5 of 8 in Mahwah
Homewood Suites by Hilton Mahwah

Been to Extended Stay America - Ramsey - Upper Saddle River? Share your experiences!