Extended Stay America - Ramsey - Upper Saddle River
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Ramsey
“Wonderful stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2012

This was one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in. The rooms were spacious and clean.. the hotel staff was excellent.. very attending to us and all our questions.. Mr Solano ( hotel manager) was amazing.. His knowledge of the area was extremely helpful.. I would recommend this location very highly to my company for future events.. Thank you very much for a delightful and amazing stay.

• Stayed January 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Ramsey - Upper Saddle River, responded to this review, March 14, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Ramsey - Upper Saddle River. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2012

The apartment I was staying in got flooded again, and my puppy and I were left stranded to find a quick living option, it's hard to find a pet friendly hotel which was close and this was it. Although I hope to never get flooded again of I had to me and my dog would gladly come here! Cheery staff included,And I didn't notice the hair comments from the last reviewer! Or else I'd be singing a different tune!0

• Stayed January 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Ramsey - Upper Saddle River. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a ""home away from home"" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2012

I stayed here for about 2 weeks and I have to say that that it was a very pleasant experience. Friendly and helpful staff, most of the time you don't ever see the manager of a hotel, but this manager seemed to always be around. Which is good. Good location close to anything you may need when away from home. I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Ramsey - Upper Saddle River. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way," and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.
Bengaluru, India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2011

One of the worst hotel stay experience in US. A place which charges no less compared to other hotels, change of bed linen and towels and cleaning of rooms was once a week - was a shocker. There were pets of the guests roaming all around the lobby and the common area and one of my colleagues had a pretty scary experience when faced with s dog which was left alone on one of the floors.
There were regular visits from the local police and we were not sure of the reason. One of the rooms did nt even have a proper shower..The rooms, although were pretty decent.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2010

Cozy little room with a serviceable kitchen (plenty of franchise restaurants, local diners, and a full service grocery store in the immediate area). Friendly and pleasant staff. I am staying in the area while doing consulting work and this hotel has become my home away from home. I feel safe and comfortable here and my cat is welcome. Yes, the bed is a little hard but I have a recliner, desk, a dining table and wireless in my room all at a terrific economy rate. If you are looking for a huge cushy bed with eight pillows and cute little "designer" toiletries in the bathroom, then keep driving. If you are looking for a great value and friendly staff then pull on in.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Austin, TX
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2009

I need to preface my review by ssaying that I've stayed at other Extended Stay Hotels before. This was one of the worst.

The hotel is right off the highway and I mean right off. Be sure you are ready to stop and pull in the parking lot.

The woman behind the counter at check in looked like she'd just finished a carton of cigarettes and sounded like it too. Clearly customer service isn't a top priority for Extended Stay, especially at this location.

I guess I would have to admit my room was clean, but clean by Extended Stay standards, so be sure to take it down a notch.

The entire time I was in the hotel, there was always a terrible odor in the hallways. I put towels on the door cracks to keep it out of my room. As usual, the bed was hard as a rock so don't expect a good nights sleep. Even though my room was near the back of the property I could hear the traffic at night.

I'd only recommend this hotel if you are incredibly broke or need an emergency place to stay. They say you get what you pay for and if you can only pay $30, then here's your place !

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank KKAustin
Central PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2009

I read prior reviews of the hotel and was skeptical. However, it appears management recently stepped up and renovated much of the hotel, including carpeting, fixtures, furniture and fresh paint. For the money, it's a very good value. Minutes from a couple of train stations (the Ramsey station is less than 5 minutes on Rt 17 N) that can get you into New York in less than an hour. Valuable for professionals spending considerable time in the city, but don't want to choke down $100 dumps or $200-300/night decent rooms. Bring your own snacks. There's a fridge, mic and stove top. I'll stay here again.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ramsey
No photo provided
Hampton Inn & Suites Mahwah
Park Ridge Marriott
Park Ridge Marriott
#1 of 1 in Park Ridge

Been to Extended Stay America - Ramsey - Upper Saddle River? Share your experiences!