“Good food in a noisy atmosphere”

Greek City Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 87 Restaurants in Ramsey
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 11, 2014

This is the second time at this restaurant. The first time we sat in a booth. It helped reduce the noise but the booths are not vey comfortable. This time we sat at a table against the wall. The noise level was high and it was hard to talk at the table. But if the food is more important to you, this is the place. The bronzino was properly cooked and delicious. My husband had the lamb shanks that he thoroughly enjoyed. The grilled octopus and calamari was also great. Next time we will try to get there during the week in the hopes that the noise is less than on a Saturday night.

1  Thank NewYorkLucille

Reviewed March 11, 2014

This restaurant can get busy but they always welcome you and get you in. The greek chips are to die for, they always have fresh fish and your standards all fresh and delicious! The staff works hard! BYOB

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Fabulous moussaka, bronzini and of course, lamb. This is a place you can go to regularly, be comfortable and enjoy good food.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

The food here is average, nothing great, nothing terrible. However, when dining out to a BYOB place, I expect to have a nice and friendly staff wait on me. This place lacked that. The staff pretty much stared my friend and I down to the point where it was uncomfortable. Then, the owner had the nerve to make a comment that we didn't order enough. We each ordered a meal (gyro platter and chicken dish), same as we do every other restaurant and never had a problem. The disgusting and rude attitude of the staff makes me certain to NEVER COME HERE again. There are better options for Greek (in Ridgewood and Westwood).

1  Thank P M
Reviewed November 20, 2013

I went here for a work lunch. The resturant is unassuming from the outside. The inside is really beautiful! The service was very attentive. I got a greek salad with grilled calamari. The salad was pretty much what I would expect and was on point. The calamari were yummy! They were cooked just right and plentiful.

One tip: Try to get a booth...it is nicer because you are not out in the open. The tables are fine but not much privacy when talking.