“Good Food, Good Service, and a Good Value”
Review of Grand Buffet

Grand Buffet
Ranked #31 of 87 Restaurants in Ramsey
Reviewed May 9, 2014

I have eaten many meals at this establishment, and I am never disappointed. There is a wide variety of items, ranging from sushi to salads to soups to fresh fruits to pizza to Chinese appetizers and standard Chinese menu items. You also have a very decent choice of desserts, along with a self-serve ice cream machine that dispenses vanilla, chocolate, or a mix of both. The service has always been prompt and courteous.

One of my visits was on Father’s Day, and they were running a lobster special. On holidays they usually run a special. You will pay more than usual, but you get additional menu items that are not normally served. Be advised, however, that a server was portioning out the lobster on that day. It makes sense, though, because some patrons are rude and would think nothing of taking the entire amount available for themselves. By having a server, they ensure that all their patrons get something. Good idea.

If you want to save a little on the cost of your meal, then I recommend eating here during the lunch hours (which I believe end at 3:30pm on weekdays). Bear in mind that you will not have the same quantity of items from which to choose, but again, I’ve always had a very good experience, whether for lunch or dinner.

This place is very popular with the locals, and the owners have done a brisk business ever since opening up some 10 or 11 years ago. I have never had to wait to be seated, but admittedly I do tend to eat there during non-peak hours. If you come on a weekend night, expect the place to be crowded.

Update to My Original Review: I originally posted more or less what you read above, but I have downgraded my initial five-dot rating to four. I’ve noticed that their selection has diminished lately, and they are not offering different menu items from one day to the next like they used to. Nonetheless, I would still eat here anytime.

2  Thank ScenicTrek

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Great food and very inexpensive. The selection of the buffet was huge, great dessert as well. Good service.

1  Thank marianna70
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

This is the third time I was here.first time for lunch. This play is busy,so the food keeps coming that means it dont sit long and its good and fresh.there is a big selection of food.the place is clean and service is good.the price for lunch on saturday was like $11.00 a little bit higher price but you get what you pay for and that's good food!

2  Thank IrishJohn69
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I love this place for take out, you can see what you are going to eat before you select it and it's easier for portion control if you are paying for every spoonful.

1  Thank snavazio
Reviewed February 24, 2013

You gotta like buffets and that kind of atmosphere. The selection is not so great and the food is pretty lousy. Unless you just have to have a buffet there are much better Chinese, Japanese, American, etc. places around.