“Better than Expected”

Best Western Riverview Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Rahway
Reviewed August 19, 2013

The hotel, only 5 years old, was better than we expected. The room was nice. Furnishing were very accomodating. Only negative was the TV caused the picture tio be a bit squashed vertically. Breakfast was very nice with a larger than expected variety.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed August 9, 2013

Very nice hotel. Very close to the Rahway Station that leads into New York City. My family thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The only downside was the wifi connection. It was simply terrible. Plus, it is hard to get into the street. It is located off a weird intersection. Took us 15 minutes to figure out how to get into the proper road to get to the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Nancy C
Reviewed July 28, 2013

It was sort of difficult trying to figure out how to get to the hotel because of the turn you have to make from the highway. I'm not sure if the construction guys working on the building behind the hotel were staying at the hotel but they were certainly hanging out in front of the building. It made me feel a little scared, a bunch of guys just hanging around. In addition to that they were smoking at the front of the building. I don't like smoke so walking through that made me gag. Those are the negatives. As far as the good side. The staff was very friendly. The room was large and the beds were nice and comfy. I would stay here again if I had to be in the area. There aren't a lot of choices in the area, so it's either here or the comfort suites.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I booked this hotel based on its proximity to my company and a meeting that I needed to attend the next day. There are not a whole lot of options in Rahway so I chose this place based on location.

Positives - room was large and seemed to be clean enough. Beds seemed comfortable. Location to main highway.

Negatives - Loud.Thin walls, poor choice of room placing eventhough the hotel was half empty, previous hot tub was cemented over so could not be used. Location is not walkable to anything and the river view is pretty much a joke.

I left at 3am because of the occupants next to us. There must have been 7-8 people, kids and adults in one room, arguing, screaming and slamming the door on and off starting around 11pm. They were speaking poor english and some of the things I heard them say actually were scaring me. I received a 30% refund since I left early.IMO I should have received 100% back.

If you do stay here and hear your neighbors make sure you call the front desk right away. Based on the severity of my situation I am not sure the front desk could have helped without a huge scene.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank cindylou75
Reviewed July 23, 2013

these were "desperation accommodations" during a whirlwind baseball trip and although we minimally used the facilities, everything met our expectations and needs... verrry friendly check-in staff, clean, commodious room and a respectable breakfast. not much of a "river view," though, that's available only at the end room and from the elevator... hardest part is finding it, as the way is impeded by the notorious "jersey lefts" and the fact that the address, paterson st., is actually a cul de sac... even the management allowed as how this is a problem... it's best approached from the south

Room Tip: the highway-traffic noise wasn't too bad on a third floor, but the odd numbered rooms, away from...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Great location for job. Comfortable rooms, roomy. Breakfast is only meal served, otherwise dependent on fast food/delivered food. Convenient location to shopping, train, travel. Manager & staff go out of their way to assist or take care of customers. Hotel could stand further upgrades (rugs, furniture)

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

The staff was truly WONDERFUL! However, my daughter found a tiny insect crawling on her pillow. I went over to look at the insect & check the rest of the area. To my DISGUST as I moved the bedding & pillows around I found a bed bug crawling under the other pillow. Needless to say I checked out immediately! I was also charged twice instead of receiving a refund as I was told I would while checking out.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Imatravelr
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rahway
Watt Hotel
The Kenilworth Hotel
The Kenilworth Hotel
#1 of 1 in Kenilworth
Holiday Inn Carteret - Rahway

Been to Best Western Riverview Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!