“Take the stairs!”

Best Western Riverview Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Rahway
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Very nice, very clean hotel. Looked brand new. Sloooooooooooooooow elevator. Lots of shopping in the area. Good resturants too.

Room Tip: The elevator has to be the slowest I've ever waited for! Get a lower room floor so you can use t...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank sunburywolfe

Reviewed June 12, 2012

When I book a hotel I am always focused on safety, cleanliness and price.

Rahway is located south beyond some of the less wonderful parts of New Jersey. It is a very safe small town, even at night. The hotel is located on a main road and backs onto a river, so it is a safe location.

This hotel is well maintained and is as clean today as it was five years ago when my wife and I stayed there.

The price is great being so close to NYC. Best of all, it is less than a 15 minute walk to the local NJ Transit Rail station which has a direct route to Penn Station NYC. This is the best way to get to and around NYC. Penn Station is centrally located and a hub for the Subway. For $40, you can travel into NYC, spend the day walking around, and return home. You can't even park in Manhattan for that!!!!

The service level is average but courteous. They are a strongly non-smoking location and make that point on arrival which is great.

All in all, the best place to stay for an NYC visit.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Andrew B
Reviewed June 1, 2012

right on highway with shopping less than 10 minutes away. Very convenient.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank 33kiriyakis
Reviewed March 8, 2012

This may sound trivial to some but when you pay full price for a room one does not
expect zero service. I called this Hotel and specifically asked if there was a hot tub on the premises and was told by the general manager "yes, we have a hot tub".
After arriving at Hotel we are told by the polite young lady behind the desk that there is not a hot tub on the premises but if we get a suite then there is a whirlpool bath in the room. Obviously the G.M. is not smart enough to know the difference between a Hot tub and a whirlpool. I it were not for the fact that people in our party had back issues, this would not been a big deal. After checking in to our so called suite, we realized that there was no bedding for our pull out
bed. Not only did we have to ask the front desk for bedding but we had to make our own bed! When I confronted the G.M. regarding this she just gave me an attitude and did not give a rats a##! Also to add to all this, toilet clearly had been used before our check in , there were "drippings" over toilet rim. This place charges full service prices {165.00 w/tax} they provide no service. Girl behind counter was polite but looked as though she was on something.(dazzed and confused) I do not suggest this hotel unless you are used to this type of treatment!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank GlobeTreker63
Reviewed March 1, 2012

Much better than a typical Best Western, with commanding views of the river and yacht club, and a short (<1 mile) walk to downtown Rahway. Right off busy (and noisy) US 1, it is an older yet pleasantly renovated 5-story hotel. The suites are nicer, but all bathrooms are extremely new. TV's are not HDTV but do have a decent selection of stations and at least 6 HBO channel.s

Perhaps the most noteworthy are the wonderful breakfast, and the superbly efficient General Manager (unfortunately not there on weekends). The breakfast is primarily cold, but does include warm waffles and egg filets (egg whites can be requested). The highlight is really the fresh fruit, yogurt, cereal selection, and excellent teas and baked goods.

You will NOT find any comparable breakfast in this price range within several miles of Staten Island/NYC.

Finally, there are ethernet cables in the rooms should you wish to avoid the security issues of free wifi.

I didn't have time to use the well-equipped gym and pool, but they appear well-maintained.

Room Tip: Construction of a large complex is ongoing (side away from US 1) so expect mild noise during the day...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank 704WorldTraveler704
Reviewed February 28, 2012

My wife and I stopped overnight on a long car drive, without a reservation. Although the night clerk was a little flaky (whatever, it was midnight), we had no complaints about the hotel and was worth the price (we paid $80 for the room). I was surprised at how large the room was, with a full sitting area. I recommend requesting a room on the back side of the hotel, away from traffic (the hotel is located on what has to be one of the longest strips in America), which enabled us to see the sun rise over the Rahway river. It wasn't the Grand Canyon, but was a pretty sight.

Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank skramynnoj
Reviewed February 9, 2012

I stayed at this hotel yesterday. From the moment I was checked in by Edida, I knew my stay would be great. She was concerned about every detail of my stay and showed me all the hotel facilities. Edida does everything with a smile and is so eager to please. I enjoyed my workout in the gym and my swim in the lovely pool. My room was spotless. It was spacious with a sitting area, sofa, coffee maker, 2 telephones and new television. The bed was very comfortable with an abundance of fluffy pillows.
Whenever I fly out of the Newark airport, I will spend the night here.

Thank you Edida for the wonderful stay!!

Room Tip: I just took a standard room and it was great.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Perpetusmile
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rahway
Home2 Suites Rahway
Hotel Executive Suites
#2 of 2 in Carteret
1 mi away
Comfort Suites at Woodbridge

Been to Best Western Riverview Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!