“It was "OK"”

Cuisines: American
New Jersey
“It was "OK"”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I was excited to find a soul food place close by to home and had high hopes that I would have a go-to spot for my soul food fix. The place itself is cute, with them making the most with their space and they even have a few tables outside, but overall I food the food to be, meh. The mac and cheese, which is my favorite food, was too mushy. The noodles were definitely overcooked. I had the fried whiting and string beans as well, both of which were again, just OK. The best part of my meal was the dessert, the chocolate layer cake. That was very good.

Overall, it was OK, but I guess my hunt for my go-to take out soul food place continues.

• Visited August 2013

Plainfield, New Jersey
“Soul food at its Best”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

A nice little cozy atmosphere with great service. The food is really homemade and very tasty. I enjoyed Chicken and waffles with mace & cheese, string beans all delicious. I would recommend it to everyone.

• Visited July 2013