“Violated & disappointment!”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Patria Restaurant and Mixology Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
Patria Restaurant and Mixology Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 56 Restaurants in Rahway
Cuisines: Latin, Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Elizabeth Avenue
Transit: NJ TRANSIT, RAHWAY TRAIN STATION
Description: Patria proudly brings you a new Latin fusion cuisine, Chef Andrew DiCataldo maintains the position as a leader in Nuevo Latin cuisine, while introducing new flavors and indigenous ingredients to the menu. In fact, one thing DiCataldo's excited about is the upcoming crop of farm-grown chiles and spices he has imported during his travels. In Latin Flavor on the Grill, the book he co-authored with Rodriguez, DiCataldo continues to explore his passion for the spicy flavor of pan-Latin cuisine. Offering a variety of tapas and a fine dining experience in a sophisticated and exotic ambiance. Patria has an exquisite design, 2 floors full of extravagant decor.
Reviewed August 21, 2013

The below is wht I experienced & what I sent to the owmers, Mr. Edwin Gomez & Mr. Fabian Huerfano... giving them time to respond before I posted an review & to date I haven't received an response or apology!! Wow!

I write to you with the intent to express my disappointment towards Patria's customer service. I visited Patria on Sunday, August 4, 2013 with my fiancé. We were invited by my friend, the DJ who was playing that evening to attend a day party & a private event. This was our first time at your establishment & upon entering we were welcome by your friendly bouncer & the gentlemen who provided us with our wrist band after paying the requested admission. We proceeded to walk in the bar/lounge area & decided to sit @ the bar. My fiancé & I ordered drinks & appetizers after receiving recommendations from your friendly barmaid. We were thoroughly enjoying ourselves. We were enjoying the music, our drinks, our food, the adult & mature crowd & the atmosphere/ambiance. Everything was going great....I was even planning in my head that my next event could be @ Patria.

My DJ friend who invited us spotted us sitting @ the bar & he came over to speak with us. Since I usually help him promote his parties he gave me flyers & tickets to an upcoming event. By no means was I going to spend my evening selling or promoting this upcoming event at your establishment...I was there to enjoy my kid free night out. I placed the flyers on the bar along with my purse, cell phone & my fiance's money clip that was placed on top of the flyers. My fiance walked away to use the men's room & I turned my back away from my belongings to speak with another couple who had just walked in. The evening was getting live & I couldn't wait to hit the dance floor......Now this is where everything went down hill. After speaking to friends I turned back around to notice that my flyers were no longer in front of me. I immediately asked the first gentleman behind the bar if he had taken or moved my flyers...He responded & said yes & he pulled them out from underneath the bar....in my mind I assumed that he was going to hand them back but to my surprise he walked away & gave them to the gentleman @ the door...@ this time I saw this man walking toward me so I believed that he was going to give them to me, but he turned back around. I was confused so I walked over to the guy who took them from the bar & I asked him can I have my belonging & he responded no...I asked him why & he said that the flyers are not allowed...ok, I responded you can give them to me & I will take them to my car...I also asked him why did he remove something that belongs to me without communicating with me & I also explained to him that his actions were very inappropriate & very unprofessional & not to mention stealing & invading my privacy by touching my fiance's money clip that was placed on top of the flyers. I asked to speak with his manager & he replied that he was the manger/owner/boss whatever I wanted to call him. Now I'm totally shocked....that a manager/owner/boss would treat his customers in such a manner. I asked again could he return my belongings & he said that they were in the garbage in the back...I asked can he get them out the garbage & he said, "that's not going to happen". How dare he think that was good practice to take a customers belongings & throw them in the garbage? This definitely not proper customer service etiquette. So I kindly responded that if he couldn't respect me enough to return my property I would like my money that we paid for admission return to me & I would leave his establishment with the intentions of never returning & he agreed.

In conclusion, Patria's manager's behavior ruined my evening out & I am very disappointed to say the least.
I do hope that you will look into this matter, take proper actions and make sure that you will never repeat the same mistake again.

5  Thank Mz_negotiator
There are newer reviews for Patria Restaurant and Mixology Lounge

Reviewed August 5, 2013

First off, they actually charge you $5 to valet park in their lot. Be smart and park on the street. The service was fine, the drinks were good, especially the red sangria. As for the food, everyone at the table said to stick with the meat and avoid the seafood. However, the skirt steak was a little chewy. The tapas were all good but at $10 a plate, it can get a little pricey. The bill for a party of 9 including drinks, tapas, entree and tip but no desert was about $53 per person.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Went to dinner here with friends who had been here before. They had nothing but good things to say about the food and the service, they were absolutely right! The dinner was very tasty, everything we had was great. The sauces and the flavors were excellent, service was great.
Would definitely go back again.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Service was a bit upsetting from the get go. The "main door is on the side of the building, the door at the front of the building is closed and there is no sign directing people to the side door. I was asked to take off my cap inside, which was ok by me, but then I noticed that a lot of people had caps, short pants and even flip flops. Why should only i take my cap off? Anyway i mentioned it to the waitress and she did not have an answer for me. but she did give me alot of ATTITUDE the rest of my time there.

As of the food, i am Latin and this food felt like out of the can Latin. It did not taste freshly made. And portions were small, i was hungry by the time i got home. And to add to all that food was pricey.

Then to top everything off, the place was so loud! i could not even hear my own thoughts, much less hear my partner.

This place is a flop for dinner, maybe it is better as a bar, i heard it had a dance floor somewhere? Don't know, and certainly don't want to find out.

Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

Our dinner party gathered for a birthday celebration. I was certain we would be celebrating two years of birthdays before dinner came. While the food was very good, service was extremely slow. It was ironic that the web site stated "max of two hours for dinner". The waiting between courses was horrendous. This was a first and last visit.

1  Thank Robert T