“Great food but service leaves much to be desired.”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Patria Restaurant and Mixology Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
Patria Restaurant and Mixology Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 53 Restaurants in Rahway
Cuisines: Latin, Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Elizabeth Avenue
Transit: NJ TRANSIT, RAHWAY TRAIN STATION
Description: Patria proudly brings you a new Latin fusion cuisine, Chef Andrew DiCataldo maintains the position as a leader in Nuevo Latin cuisine, while introducing new flavors and indigenous ingredients to the menu. In fact, one thing DiCataldo's excited about is the upcoming crop of farm-grown chiles and spices he has imported during his travels. In Latin Flavor on the Grill, the book he co-authored with Rodriguez, DiCataldo continues to explore his passion for the spicy flavor of pan-Latin cuisine. Offering a variety of tapas and a fine dining experience in a sophisticated and exotic ambiance. Patria has an exquisite design, 2 floors full of extravagant decor.
Clark, New Jersey
“Great food but service leaves much to be desired.”
Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

Our dinner party gathered for a birthday celebration. I was certain we would be celebrating two years of birthdays before dinner came. While the food was very good, service was extremely slow. It was ironic that the web site stated "max of two hours for dinner". The waiting between courses was horrendous. This was a first and last visit.

1 Thank Robert T

Edison, New Jersey
“Worst experience”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Do not plan a birthday party here. Six friends and I went there to celebrate my birthday, and after eating dinner we decided to go dancing at the latin disco; we asked for different drinks and took a table. After we ate, we danced for 15 minutes and suddenly we were getting kicked out of the table by the batender because some one asked for a champagne and needed a table. What a shame. They don't care to send us people in their 50-60's out of the table, even do we consume a lot of money,
I will no recommend this place ever.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Angelareyes
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Private party”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Decided to have a private event at the location, talked with the manager and was told that for $50 per person I'd have the "red room" downstairs, and that food would be buffet styled and endless. Sounded great. The food was a shame, each table got one small plate of each of the following; fish, meat, shrimp, etc. My guests had to decide which person was going to take one of the two fish provided on the plate... To make matters worse I had to leave a tip for the 1 waitress that the restraunt had catering our event- 40 people, and one waitress. I would NEVER recommend this place for a private party/event.

1 Thank Poddra
Westfield, New Jersey
“Great food. Slow service.”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

My girlfriends and I ate here before seeing a show at UCPAC which is right across the street. The entrees we ordered tasted great and the drinks were well-made, but the service in getting our drinks, and then our food, and then dessert and the check took longer than it should.

• Visited January 2013
NJ
“So So Food and Strange Lounge”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

The appetizers and drinks were excellent, we were really looking forward to a fun nite with the girls for our annual Christmas outing. Ceveche was very good, the guacamole was so fresh and creatively served with large plantain chips instead of tortilla chips. The other Tapas that we all shared were also really promising. Then came the main course. I had skirt steak which was extremely chewy. Thank God it came with white rice which I was able to enjoy with the sauce. Others got the ribs and said they were good but as another person commented, expensive for what you are getting. Now, the lounge. Let's just say that it's quite a crowd. There are 2 levels, one more latin music (although not latin enough for hard-core latin dancers) and the other was everyday stuff to 90's flashbacks. I couldn't get over the outfits, can you say Hoochie-Mamas? Yup, lots of those with rears and boobs hanging out, along with the back-fat and wiggly arms. I don't mock the place since I doubt there are many places in the area to party and dance so it could be a good time. Just expect the "fun" crowd. You can always people-watch if you don't feel like bustin' a move!

• Visited December 2012