“Great Hotel and Location!”

Hyatt Place Princeton
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Princeton
Toronto, Canada
“Great Hotel and Location!”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

My daughter and I stayed at the Hyatt Place for one night while stopping in Princeton, NJ. The room was perfect in size, very clean and the bed was comfortable. There is a sitting area with couch, a bar fridge/sink, and a great work desk in the room. They serve breakfast in the morning but it was just ok. There is also a bar with coffee, drinks and snacks. I am not sure how old the hotel is but it looks brand new. The location is PERFECT! They are in the same parking lot as a small mall/movies/restaurants. The hotel is also 10-15 minutes from Princeton University. We enjoyed our student led tour of the campus. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
HyattSales, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Princeton, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Thank you for your amazing comment. We are lucky to have our locations and gerat staff. Our goal is to make all of our guests feel as if this were their home away from home and we are lucky to have wonderful guests such as yourself. We hope to see you back soon! Please do not hesitate to contact myself or my GM if we can be of any assitance with your next visit.

Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We were there for just one night to pick our kids up from camp at Princeton University (5 min away). I have to say that the staff was as friendly as I have had at any hotel in a long time and we travel (I wish I had there names). Check in was a breeze and actually entertaining. In the evening I realized they have down pillow (I am allergic) and they were out of the non-down pillows. They actually went to the trouble of putting blankets in pillow cases to try to accommodate my issue. I was impressed that they cared enough. In the morning the breakfast was fine, but the guy running it was fantastic. He was also the guy at checkout and it was great. I have gotten carried away with the staff, but they deserve it.

Hotel is clean and they have great towels. The rooms are very large and well maintained. I wish I could clone this hotel in other cities for business or basic stay places! It is also near nice restaurants if you are not venturing far.

Room Tip: Order non down pillows before you get there.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Debbie E
HyattSales, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Princeton, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Debbie E. We would like to thank you for your response and we are so happy to hear of your excellent stay. Our Team works hard to provide excellent service as we believe this is a home away from home for all of our guests and we want to ensure that experience for all. We are so grateful for the sweet staff comments as they work hard and are an amazing team. We hope to see you back soon and please do not hesitate to contact myself or my GM if there is anything we can be of assistance with. We hope you have a lovely day and see you soon!

California
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My husband and I had to make a last-minute overnight here because our home a/c died and our small dog doesn't do well in the heat. While I was thrilled they accepted pets, I wasn't too thrilled that they charged me a non-refundable $75 pet cleaning fee. My dog is extremely well behaved and doesn't even shed and while I wasn't thrilled about this fee, what could I do. What really made me upset was the fact that the entire hotel was full of families with multiple kids screaming and running up and down the hall. People had food everywhere -- buckets of chicken they brought in, sodas, pizza, etc. You can't tell me that these kids didn't make more of a mess than my 7 lb. dog who basically slept the entire time. I'm sure these kids made a much bigger mess in the room, but the hotel doesn't charge a kid fee do they?

Our bed had black hairs on it and the soap dish and bathtub had black hairs in it. Also when you took a shower, the water just never went down the drain. And the a/c never went cooled the room down below 75.

For what I needed it for -- to cool off on a hot night -- it was okay, but that is about all I would say. The breakfast the next morning was simply disgusting -- highly processed foods, frozen looking donuts, some "egg sandwich" on an English muffin that didn't look like an egg had really ever been anywhere hear it. I didn't eat a thing.....

The only saving grace were the two guys at the front desk -- the guy at night, and Sean the next morning -- who could have used a lot of help as we checked out at 9:30 a.m. and the lobby was crawling with families who needed assistance and food and other help and he was all by himself. They need to get more help on Sunday mornings for check out.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank TravelingGal62
Thank you for taking the time to send us your review on Trip Advisor. Hyatt Place has recently adopted the pet policy and with our Hyatt Place standard we have a Pet Fee.. We are a home away from home and we treat all of our guests with that motto. We do not discriminate in any form treating all of our guest whether adult or child with respect. As informed at the time of your booking we had a Pet Fee/ Policy and were glad to welcome you and your pet at our hotel which you accepted at time of booking.

Northern Virgina
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Everything about this hotel turned out to be wonderful. Great staff, VERY clean room, great amenities, close to everything and a wonderful complimentary breakfast. Easy access to all of the major routes and walking distance to an upscale little mall (Market Fair) with Starbucks, PF Chang's, Barnes and Noble, Corner Bakery, On the Border, a UA movie theater and many more shops. I would recommend this hotel 100% to anyone traveling in the Princeton area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
HyattSales, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Princeton, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
We thank you for the wondeful comment you have left for us. We have an all star team that strives for excellence for all of our guests. We are grateful for our location as it is a bonus for all of our guests as we believe it enhances the guest experience. We hope to have you back with us soon! Please do not hesitate to contact me if there is anything I can be of assistance with.

Fullerton, California
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Dear Fellow Traveler,

My hotels stays are becoming somewhat of a blur given how often I'm on the road. Maybe it's an aging memory that's to blame, but in the case of my stay at Hyatt, no memory loss, just a recollection of a very positive experience.

The Hyatt team went above and beyond the call of duty to ensure that each guest had what they needed and wanted. The GM there actually walked the property and came by during breakfast to say hello...all while ensuring that everything within her control was up to and beyond par.

The Front Desk staff were extremely helpful and welcoming from check-in, to breakfast, to check-out. Breakfast btw, which was included, was actually pretty good. I typically find the mid-range hotel breakfasts to be basic..especially those included in the nightly rate. Not so here.

What really stood out about this place was the room. I have to say it is one of my favorite hotel room layouts with a modern, spacious decor that was very clean and comfortable. The room was separated into living sections giving the the space a true home-like feel.

In short, this Hyatt was a great value for the price and one I'd come back to again and again.

Happy Travels!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
HyattSales, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Princeton, responded to this review, July 6, 2013
We are excited to hear from you and your experience here at our hotel. We would like to thank you for the wonderful comments and for choosing us, Hyatt Place Princeton, as your hotel for your stay. We strive as a team to make every guest experience excellent. We hope to see you back at our hotel soon. Please feel free to stop by the office if there is anything you may need.

London
Reviewed June 19, 2013

OK, this could be because I'm a business traveller from the UK, but the rooms at his hotel are huge! I was in what I expected to be a double, but it was more like a 'junior suite'.

Very well-appointed rooms, small kitchenette, coffee-maker, fridge, massive TV and seating area. The hotel was immaculately clean, and the staff couldn't have been more helpful. Breakfast was plentiful, but a bit on the average side (the hot plate was only lukewarm).

All in all, highly recommended and excellent value for money!

1 Thank RKLondon
I'd like to thank you on behalf of our Team for the wonderful comment you have left. We are excited to hear from our guests and their experiences with us. We strive to be a home away from home. We hope to see you back soon and invite you to contact myself if there is anything you may need.

Atlantic City
Reviewed June 16, 2013

My 9 year-old daughter and I stayed at this property as I had an event to videotape in the area. The property was clean and fresh and it was a perfect little stay, as we didn't have to get up early for my event. We also made a little vacation out of the stay. We both enjoyed the big heated pool, as well.

There was a slight problem with our room assignment but both Eric and Noah made sure this little glitch was resolved quickly and to our satisfaction. The room was clean and modern with a huge tv and a great couch for me to relax. The room was very well lit, which is very rare at many properties.

Breakfast was great and it allowed us to go to our event completely full and satisfied. Thanks to Eric and Noah, I will now be looking into other Hyatt properties in which to stay as I travel quite often for business and pleasure.

We shall be back, both to this property and other Hyatt-owned hotels.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
HyattSales, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Princeton, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Thank you for this wonderful comment. It puts a smile on our faces when our families come to our hotel and have an excellent experience. We work hard to provide a home away from home feel and with comments such as you're we are rewarded with the feeling of doing an outstanding job.

I have gone ahead and shared your review with both Eric and Noah and from all of us here at the Hyatt Place Princeton we thank you and hope you will return quickly.

If there is anything I can be of assistance with please feel free to contact me here at the hotel.

Warm Regards,