“My home away from home when in the Philly/ Princeton area”

Hyatt Place Princeton
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Princeton
San Francisco, California
“My home away from home when in the Philly/ Princeton area”
Reviewed July 27, 2011

I travel frequently for business and approximately 10 out of 12 months I am in Princeton NJ for a week at a time. I stayed at some hotels before finding the best hotel in the area - Hyatt Place.

The value for what you receive is outstanding: a room with king bed, full "L" couch and ottoman, refrigerator and wet bar area, 42 inch tv HDTV LCD, work desk and bathroom. Free breakfast is included along with free Internet service as well. There is a gym, 24 hour cafe and indoor pool.

The staff really make the difference for me. Nothing like being greeted by friendly professional staff that remember my name.

The location is great, next to a mall, several restaurants and off US Highway 1. close to everything.

• Stayed July 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 19, 2011

The hotel is located near a bunch of restuarants, a shopping mall, and a movie theater, all in walking distance. The room was very nice with a huge flat screen tv, pull out couch, desk, and wet bar area. We were able to order Dora the Explorer on demand for our 2 year old which went over really well with him and gave us a few minutes of peace. We were also able to connect the lap top to the tv using cables that we borrowed from the front desk and we used it to watch some dvds. The staff was wonderful. They were very welcoming and friendly toward the baby. He liked them so much he was blowing kisses at them when we left. We ordered some food to the room and even though they do not have 24 hour housekeeping services the woman at the desk very graciously went up to our room and removed the plates and the garbage for us. When we went out to dinner to a nearby restaurant they offered a free dessert or appitizer to hotel guests. You just have to ask at the desk before you go. We slept very comfortably in a king size bed. We had a wonderful stay and have already recommended it to friends.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
New York
Reviewed July 18, 2011

I stayed here with the family on a trip to Sesame place. I've been in "Hyatt Place" properties in other parts of the country, so I knew what to expect and we were not dissapointed. The room was clean and comfortable, the front desk staff was friendly.

The only issue was that housekeeping made no attempt to clean our room until 4PM, by which time we had come back from Sesame Place to take a nap. They then knocked on the door 2 more times. I don't know if they are understaffed or ineffecient, but most people going in this hotel were out of their rooms by 9AM, so I don't really get it.

Other than that, I no problems. A decent free breakfast, a nice lobby, a comfortable place. I will look for Hyatt Place locations for future trips.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Rhode Island
Reviewed July 10, 2011

I just returned from a few nights at this hotel with my family. This was a great hotel to stay at for a reasonable price when going to sesame place. Only about 15 min away and much better than the hotels closer by. Great room setup for traveling with little one. Can't wait to stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011
2 Thank mdias815
Reviewed June 25, 2011

Customer service was awesome. They were very friendly. My fridge in my room was not function properly within minutes of my call someone was there to fix it. My family and I really enjoyed our stay. I would stay again..

Con: no microwave. They need to put them in the rooms. Although they will warm up your food if you ask.

• Stayed June 2011
Reviewed June 2, 2011

Clean rooms
Free breakfast
Cool rooms for an 90degree visit
Friendly staff
Great location to stores and Princeton
Big rooms with refrigerator, writing areas, big HD TV
PC and printer available in lobby

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank olibunny
Wilmington, Delaware
Reviewed May 23, 2011

I have some knowledge of the U.S. 1 corridor and was very cautious about the location of this hotel. Not to worry. We had a very busy graduation weekend and booked a King Bed mini-suite with a pull-out sofa for our visiting daughter.

This hotel was quietly situated behind peaceful landscaping and very convenient restaurants and shops. The room was very spacious with a huge flat screen TV, mini-kitchen, dressing area and very sizable living area with giant wraparound sofa.

Clearly the biggest difference "was the unbelievably ( and I mean, hard to believe!) staff! Whether it is housekeeping, maintenance or the "gallery staff" (front desk), they were spectacular!

Room service and food service were excellent. My only negative comment was that the breakfast sandwiches (English Muffin, Egg and large slice Bacon) were not hot despite the heat lamp they were placed under to keep warm. There was no microwave to in sight to heat it up.

An excellent excellent stay! I will purposefully seek out Hyatt Place in other cities. Outstanding experience! The pool (inside) is huge! Great Fitness Room. Lots of free newspapers!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business