“Good Courtyard”

Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Princeton
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Good Courtyard”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Another Courtyard stay, this time in Princeton. The rooms are older and could use some updating but ours was clean and outfitted with a 'fridge and coffee maker. The staff at reception was pleasant and helpful, greeting us with water and snacks. There is a bright, large lobby with 2 sections, one with a fireplace and large screen TV and as we were there with a group it was nice to have a spot to meet and chat. The breakfast in the lobby is good and reasonably priced. Free, efficient Wi-Fi.

It's convenient to downtown and the university. Lots of dining options up and down Route 1. Route 1 gets loud but we were on the back of the building and it was very quiet.

Have stayed here twice now and were satisfied each time.

Room Tip: For quiet ask for a room on the back
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Princeton, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
tohhall,
Thank you for your review. We're glad to have had you stay with us at Courtyard. I'm pleased to know that you enjoy our hotel and friendly staff. We hope you'll continue to stay with us while visiting the Princeton area. We value you as our guest and hope to see you again soon.
Luis Hidalgo, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Massachusetts
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Regardless of our snowy arrival in Princeton and the overall sense of stress we had in general, this hotel did not seem to be a great place to stay during any kind of visit. The location is right on the highway and we had some trouble with the noise and cleanliness. The room itself was about average, but the staff at the front desk was overbearing when they were around- which was not frequently. The entire building had a sense of disuse, and the Starbucks- selling cafe downstairs was unmanned for the majority of its working hours. Although in nice weather it would have been fine to drive a little ways away to get dinner, we were unhappy with the hotel's distance to any decent nearby restaurants with the snow storm and ultimately were forced to eat at a chain restaurant next door. The service at the front desk asked more questions than necessary about our trip to the area and continued to speak to us regardless of our attempts to let them know we wanted to go upstairs to our room, being tired and hungry from the trip to New Jersey. When we did have questions for them, however, they were very confused and unable to help us with directions, advice about the area, or buying things from their convenience store in the lobby. In general, the service was very unimpressive.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Princeton, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
kcameron13,
Thank you for sharing a review about your recent stay with us at Courtyard. We sincerely apologize that we were unable to provide you with the exceptional stay you've come to expect from us. The little details definitely do make a trip and we regret we missed the mark during your trip. Your feedback provides many areas that we can work on in order to improve our guest experience. We appreciate your feedback on these areas and hope you will return and see our improvements. Thank you again.
Princeton, New Jersey
Reviewed February 25, 2013

It's a problem I have been finding with many of the properties, the Courtyard properties. They are looking a bit tired. The new lobby here is nice and the staff is very good. The rroms need some help and the fitness center could be a bit bigger as that you can move around.

bestiswest,
Thank you for your review. We're glad you stayed with us at Courtyard. I appreciate your feedback, and I'm glad you enjoyed our friendly staff. We appreciate your business and hope you'll have another opportunity to visit us again.
Wolcott, Connecticut
Reviewed February 23, 2013

A little difficult to find the driveway off of a divided road, so we had to loop around and try again to get there. However, from the moment we walked in and were welcomed with a smile by the woman at the front desk (Sorry I'm not quite sure, but I think her name was Christine) to the wonderful pool temperature, we were very pleased with this hotel. Although the room was a bit small, it was spotless and the bed was very comfortable. The fitness room was adequate and equipped with a flat-screen TV. The pool area was also spotless; the pool was walk-in perfect temperature, as was the hot tub.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Chaleewoo,
Thank you for your review. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us at Courtyard, and we're glad you had a nice, pleasant visit. I'm glad you liked our property, and I'm especially pleased to hear that Christine provided a nice, welcoming feel to your visit. We hope you'll have another opportunity to visit us. Thanks again and safe travels.
Boulder, Colorado, United States
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I've stayed in a lot of hotels for client travel, but this was the best check-in experience I've ever had. Raquel & Christine were super helpful and welcoming. Bottle of water? Yes please, thank you. Some chocolate? Yes, yes please!

Room was clean and quiet, bed was comfortable. Had two good nights of sleep here. Free wifi in room. Snacks during happy hour on arrival. Would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Princeton, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
ajjpape,
Thank you for your review. We appreciate you staying with us at Courtyard, and we're delighted to hear that you had a pleasant stay. I'll make sure to share your kind comments with Raquel and Christine, and I'll provide them with a special commendation for their outstanding work. We're glad you enjoyed your visit, and we hope you'll come and visit us again soon. Safe travels.
Virginia
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I always liked Courtyard chain. This property is just like all the other Courtyards. I liked the room space and comfortable bed. All in all, it is a good stay.

This property is right next to Rt 1. Concerned about the road noise, I asked for a room in the back. I did not hear any road noise. AC unit was noisy when it kicked in. I woked up twice over night.

Room has a porch. French door does not have a good deal around it. Cold wind blew in the night I stayed there. Once I closed the curtain. It did not bother me at all.

My GPS put this property about quarter a mile south of where it actually is located. I came from the south direction. As I drove by GPS marked location and did not see it, I wondered what happened. Fortunately I had no place to turn around and then I saw it.

Room Tip: 1) I had a room in the back with a courtyard view. I assumed it would be quieter.
FromFirstState,
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your business, and we're glad you enjoyed your visit with us at Courtyard. I'm glad you liked our clean, comfortable rooms and had a good stay. I apologize for the a/c unit waking you up as well as the french doors leaking cold air. I appreciate your feedback, and I hope to look into this situation right away. Should your travels bring you back to our area, we hope you'll come and stay with us again.
lawrenceville
Reviewed February 17, 2013

First of all, Theresa and Syid were wonderful. My reservation was somewhat complicate, but they went over and above to accomedate us.

The Bistro was supposed to close at 10pm. My son and I went at 9:40 (after me rushing him out of the pool so we could get there on time) only to be told the guy didn't feel like cooking anymore that day and was only doing cocktails. Like my 12 year old needs a cocktail!!

I am actually still staying at the hotel until 1 tomorrow afternoon. I will speak to the manager then to see what/if any result I get.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
lilnjtam71,
Thank you for your review. We appreciate you and your family staying with us. I apologize for the Bistro incident. I will make sure to correct this. I'm glad that you found our Front Desk staff friendly and professional. We value you as our guest and hope your next visit with us will be a more positive one. Thanks again.