“Great Clean place near Princeton”

Courtyard by Marriott Princeton
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Princeton
New Jersey
“Great Clean place near Princeton”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I needed a place to stay for the night and got the Courtyard Princeton from Priceline @ $43 a night. Regular rates start at $109 a night. It's a steal at the Priceline rate and a good value at regular rates, room is clean and average size has a sofa and a HDTV. Everything was good. Asked to be placed in a room away from everyone else as I work overnights and would be staying up all night because it was my night off. They happily put me in a room at the end of the hall with no room on my right and ill assume no one in the room next to me. I don't get how this hotel only got 3.5 out of 5 should be a 4 out of 5 easy

• Stayed January 2013
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Princeton, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Jerseyguy5254,
We're glad to hear from you and appreciate your kind review. It's great to hear that you found a great price and had a nice, comfortable visit with us. I'm pleased to know our staff was able to accommodate your needs and place you in the right room. We aim to please! Should your travels bring you back to Princeton, please stop and visit us again. We look forward to it.
Luis Hidalgo, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
manchester, UK
Reviewed January 13, 2013

It's a short, yet pricey, taxi ride from the train station, but the very friendly welcome you receive puts that out of your mind!

The room was fine, spacious and clean. Only issue might be the heating and cooling system - it was quite noisy when it kicked in, so take some earplugs if you're a light sleeper.

The pool and gym were quite small, but adequate, although no changing facilities, which was odd.

I ate in the cafe bar area and it was standard fare. There is another restaurant just over the car park.

Breakfast was included in my rate, but you could only have a particular sandwich and a coffee or a juice which was a bit of a swizz. The lounge area was spacious and really peaceful though if you needed to get away from your room.

Whilst there I walked to downtown Princeton - I got an odd look when I asked for directions, but they have maps. It's a pleasant 2.5 mile walk and you go through woodland for part of the way.

overall no complaints really

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Princeton, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Pablomj,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and letting us know of your pleasant visit. We appreciate having had you as our guest, and we're glad you liked our property. I'm glad to receive your feedback and will use it productively. Please come and visit us again. We look forward to your return.

Silver Spring, Maryland, United States
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We were very satisfied with our previous stay in another Courtyard Marriott, so we were not hesitant to book at Courtyard again. The lobby is convenient and clean: Checking in was swift and smooth. There is plenty of comfortable seating in the lobby. A Go-board provides access to nearby attractions along with news and weather reports. Complimentary coffee, tea, and hot water to enjoy while watching TV pr using WIFI makes for more relaxation.

The staff was very accommodating as well. I needed ice packs frozen, but my room had only a refrigerator not a freezer. One quick phone call to the front desk took care of the matter. They put the ice packs in their freezer, and obtaining them the next morning was easy.

Courtyard Marriott Princeton is a quick and easy drive to Princeton University and Nassau Street (where shops and restaurants are located). Be sure to have quarters for street-side parking.

Our room was comfortable as well. The bathroom was spacious, and the sitting area made relaxing easy.

No question: booking at this hotel was the correct decision.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Princeton, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Alice L,
Thank you for your wonderful review. It's great to hear from you and learn of your pleasant visit with us at Courtyard Princeton. I'm glad we were able to accommodate you well, and I'm pleased you had a nice, comfortable stay with us. We hope your travels will bring you back to Princeton and you'll come and visit us again.
Matawan, New Jersey
Reviewed December 20, 2012

I stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott in Princetion for 1 night in November 2012. The staff at check-in were very helpful, offered to upgrade me to a spa room as I'm a rewards member. I declined knowing I wouldn't use the jacuzzi in the room. The lobby area is great very open and modern with a casual dining option. I got a sandwich and a beer there, it was good, convienent but a little pricy for what I received. There is a Ruby Tuesdays across the parking lot, which would have been a better choice.

The ice machine on my floor wasn't working, had to go up one floor to get ice. This seems to happen a lot at different hotels I've stayed out.

The room was clean and comfortable, nice desk area for working and a large club chair. It had an in room coffee maker, a very important item for me. The bed was comfortable.

I recommend this hotel if you're in the area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Princeton, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Joanne D,
Thank you for your review. We're delighted to hear that you had a nice stay with us. We appreciate your recommendation, and we're glad you liked our property, staff, and surrounding area. We hope you'll come and visit us again.
Los Angeles, California, United States
Reviewed December 19, 2012

We had a large group here for one night on a long-distance bike ride to fight childhood cancer. They were very accommodating - gave us a charitable rate and free (and amazing) meeting room. The property was very nice and the staff was pleasant.

Having laundry on site was a plus.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
PabloveMegan,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us at Courtyard Princeton. We're delighted to hear of your pleasant stay with us. I'm glad we were able to accommodate you and your group for a very worthy cause. Thanks for your efforts! Please plan to see us again. We enjoyed having you as our guest and hope to see you soon.
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I have stayed here a couple of times when I have business at Princeton University Forrestal campus. I like the Courtyard Marriott brand and this one, like most, is very clean and bright. The Bistro made a surprisingly good breakfast and there is a Ruby Tuesday in walking distance. I love the free Wifi and wish every hotel provided it! I was a little concerned because there was a teenage girl sports team staying on my floor, but they got quiet around 11:00 when I asked them nicely. I would have asked to be moved but didn't need to go to that step. Will definitely stay here again the next time I come up to Princeton.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Princeton, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
L P,
Thank you for taking a moment and writing a review about your stay with us at Courtyard Princeton. We're delighted to have had you as our guest. I'm pleased to know that you like staying with us while visiting the Princeton area, and I'm glad you enjoy your comfortable visits. Please keep us as your place to stay when you have business in Princeton. We look forward to your next visit.
Rahway, New Jersey
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at the Courtyard Marriot in Princeton, New Jersey. The rooms are really clean and the service is outstanding. Again, thanks for the great service during my stay and for being so accommodating Theresa D. and staff.

Yvonne D,

Thank you for your kind review. We're very glad to hear of your pleasant visit with us. It's also good to know that our staff was helpful and well accommodating during your stay. We loved having you as our guest and hope you'll come and visit us again soon.