Princeton Marriott at Forrestal
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsthe concierge loungewooded areaspa servicesconference centerindoor poolpark like settingfull serviceplatinum memberstayed one nightbuffet breakfastoff routerooms are cleanvery nice hotelgrounds for sculpturebusiness hotelbusiness meetingfront desk staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 20, 2010

My second stay at this property was not as good as my first stay. I was here about a year ago for two nights for business, this time just one night.
Check in went fine the staff was quick and accommodating.
The room was a little disappointing. The sheets were thread worn and had holes in them? Also the bed scarf thing had a tear. After I recognized those items then it seemed like the whole place was sort of like that… I noticed a little square cut out of the wall paper and some of the carpet had been cut away in the sink area. It seemed a little questionable for the amount of money charged per night. That night I heard my fellow guests coming and going and showering in their rooms. Not a good night's sleep, and some pretty thin walls -I guess I'm glad I only heard showering.
This time I found the large spread out layout of this property a bit cumbersome, I made the mistake of bringing 3 small bags instead on 1 big bag and it was very noticeable on the long long walk from the front desk to my room and then hiking out to my car. Over all it was fine, but I felt it was bit lackluster for a Marriott.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Windsor999
Reviewed September 14, 2010

I stayed here for 3 nights while traveling for business. The wooded location and paved walking paths looked inviting, but I did not have a chance to take advantage of them. The hotel was clean and comfortable, but not spectacular. Lobby desk and Concierge service were adequate, but not exceptional. Food in the bar/restaurant was very good if a bit pricey. My big complaint with the service was a problem with the lock on the door to my room. I reported the problem on my way out to dinner and when I returned 4 hours later it had not yet been corrected. After reporting the problem again, I waited in the hall outside my room for a full 20 minutes until maintenance came to fix it. I was offered no apologies for my inconvenience. One warning I would give is that this hotel is not located near any shops or other facilities and has no shuttle so if you do not have a car you can expect to pay at least $20 each way for a taxi ride to get ANYWHERE...even if just a mile or two down the road. I would stay again because it is an ok place and is conveniently located across the street from my company's office.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 28, 2010

My wife and I checked in to Princeton Marriott Hotel & Conference Center at Forrestal and were greeted somewhat coldly at the desk. That's fine since I'm not spending the weekend with the desk clerk. The place, on the surface seemed very nice, if not a bit dated. The wooded grounds surrounding the hotel were very pleasant.
My first disappointment was being informed that the concierge lounge would be closed Sunday night and a $10.00 voucher for the bar would be issued. One reason for coming to a full service Marriott is the opportunity to unwind in the lounge at the end of a long day. We were informed a couple of hours before hand that the lounge would not be open Sunday evening.
The main problem was mostly the room itself. When we checked in, I found the room to be damp and found a badly stained blanket between the sheets. We got room service to change the entire bedding, which they did promptly. After waking up the first day, I was greeted by a large, brown roach crawling under the bathroom counter. At this point, my wife and I felt too uncomfortable to stay and informed the desk clerk about the roach in our room and that we would be leaving immediately. She did not appear to be surprised by this problem and showed little emotion when comping us for the night. We were belatedly offered an apology when we surrendered our room keys. Overall, a bad stay. We stay a many Marriott hotels and this is not typical of most of the ones we've experienced. We will never visit this location again.

Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank cadman25
Reviewed July 10, 2010

Ok,
Made reservations for two rooms several weeks in advance. Asked for adjoining as with child. Was told no problems. One room points, one paid. On arrival, too bad. Rooms opposite side of hotel. Spouse and I split up with d sleeping with her.
Room service: told 45 min wait. Came 1.5 hours later after several phone calls. Then they had substituted stuff on order as "out" without calling, so another 30 min to get it correct.
Complained to manager and told "if don't like it, leave" (I did get upset re rooms)
Plus, the glasses in the room were dirty.

Only good thing which gets it one star is fantastic spa for which you do not need to be a guest

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank john h
Reviewed June 4, 2010

ok so hear is the deal....if you are a T-Mobile customer DO NOT STAY IN THIS HOTEL!!!!! For some bizarro reason, T-Mobile customers cannot get service here, if you are there on business, it is going to drive you CRAZY!!! Otherwise, it is a nice "lodgy" type property, fairly clean, but not the cleanest, nice staff, super boring bar but it has two pool tables, nice gym and pool. Oh yeah...surprisingly good hotel restaurant!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business