“NICE SET UP IN THE WOODS”

Princeton Marriott at Forrestal
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Princeton
Reviewed March 27, 2009

I knew this was not your typical Marriott from the pictures on their website, and it wasn't. Situated off the highway, (but easily accessible) the hotel is in the woods, literally. Tall trees all around and in between the buildings. Two giant 3 floor C shaped buildings.
Checkin was pleasant, use valet parking unless you want to walk a ways, parking lot is far off the front access area. Long V-roofed main lobby, very charming. Room was typical Marriott, many complain of small room, but I only found the bathroom to be small. Everything in working order, kinda dated but charmingly different set up.
Visited Barleys bar late night, and it was very nice, with 8 drafts and a nice set up. Overall, a pleasant stay at a very pleasent hotel, enjoy.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Princeton Marriott at Forrestal

Reviewed March 22, 2009

My husband and I spent one night at the Princeton Marriott while attending a friend's party nearby. We were hardly at the hotel, but did think that it was comfortable, clean and quiet. We had a great night of sleep- the bed is great. The room is compact but nicely decorated and laid out. The lighting in the bathroom is way too harsh. We had brunch in the hotel restaurant which was only okay- they were clearing everything away at 11am on a Sunday which seemed pretty early for that. Overall, this seems like a decent hotel if you need somewhere to stay in the Princeton area.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 14, 2009

Stayed here for 3 nights when I needed to be close to where I work as opposed to home.

Check in was fairly easy. The hotel is only about 3-4 floors and is very spread out. However, my Concierge level room was nice. Two beds, chair and ottoman, miniature bathroom, small closet, small dresser, big flat screen TV (not HD though), fridge, and a heater that was COLD!!!!

Took 3 calls to get that finally fixed. As a Platinum Premier member at Marriott, I have access to the Concierge lounge. Checked out the selection that evening, sushi, hot appetizer, cheese, fruit and crackers, and later a couple cakes and cookies.

Headed to the bar for a burger and beer. The burger bun was toasted, then frozen! It was ICE cold , as was the plate and the fries. The manager comped it.

The CL has breakfast Monday-Friday. They had poached eggs, cereals, fruits,etc. Enough to hold me. I did buy the breakfast package and the buffet was nice, but the eggs/omeletes had a very funny taste. The manager was nice enough to provide me with plates, covers and a tray so I could bring food back to the room for mom (broken foot!)

All in all the staff was pretty nice and the hotel is in good shape. It is a bit banged up (needs some paint and or wallpaper) but it isn't falling apart and it was clean. Rooms are smallish, and kind of sparse. (It was a Scanticon first, which had an Ikea-like style, then a Doral and now a Marriott). It's about 20+ years old.

However, it is a decent hotel about 10 minutes from downtown Princeton and it serves its purpose.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank cruisermeg
Reviewed November 28, 2008

I stayed here for a four-day conference and the experience was simply sublime. The service was excellent throughout, the food was heavenly (the most delicious buffet ever), and swimming in the heated swimming pool was one of the most luxurious experiences I've ever had. The best thing about my stay, however, was the bed! The quality of the bedding, bed sheets, mattress, etc adds up to something simply extraordinary. No wonder they sell their bedding online - it was by far the most wonderful, comfortable, never-want-to-get-out-of-bed beds I've ever slept in! Pure heaven! I would definitely go there again...and next time I'd make sure my boyfriend comes with me!!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed September 7, 2008

Very quiet, park-like setting, friendly staff, 10 minutes from Princeton campus. Room was clean and reasonably spacious. Comfortable bed. Lodge like common areas.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 11, 2008

I stayed here last weekend for the Hopewell Wine Festival and was a little concerned after reading some of the reviews. However, I found this to be a beautiful hotel in a great location. Others complained about the front desk staff, I thought they were very professional and took time to answer all of my questions. There were two weddings at the hotel this weekend and I was a little concerned about noise at night. I heard nothing and had a great night sleep. I would recommend this hotel to friends and will stay here again if I am in the Princeton area.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 24, 2008

Let me start that I have high marks for the Marriott Chain of hotels and believe that they have a great organization, but tonight....

What a nightmare. I drove from Cornell to Princeton Marriott Hotel & Conference Center at Forrestal (5 hour drive) and valet park my car (really no other option) and they moved it to the courtyard where it mysteriously stopped working. The nighttime front desk manager (Leah Lovelace) was of no help and had no compassion. She put me on hold and hung up on me, never to call me back. I had a dinner meeting which cost me $174.00 using their suggested taxi.

I have had great experience with the Marriott Hotel Chain, but this one was a nightmare and continues to be a nightmare.

In this economy, service is so important. Just wish that Marriott can make sure all their service personnel can be trained correctly.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business