Princeton Marriott at Forrestal
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$168
$153
Hyatt Place Princeton(Princeton)(Great Value!)
$125
Sonesta ES Suites Princeton(Princeton)(Great Value!)
$129
$189
  • Pool
$153
$110
Courtyard
Hampton Inn Princeton(Princeton)(Great Value!)
$127
$116
$201
$159
Chauncey Conference Center(Princeton)(Great Value!)
$145
$99
Chauncey Hotel
$85
$72
All reviewsthe concierge loungewooded areaspa servicesconference centerindoor poolpark like settingfull serviceplatinum memberstayed one nightbuffet breakfastoff routerooms are cleanvery nice hotelgrounds for sculpturebusiness hotelbusiness meetingfront desk staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 2, 2014

We had a big family birthday party there. The staff was very pleasant and made arranging the party easy. They were very easy to work with in terms of answering questions and making sure things were to our liking. My kids had room service twice while we were there. The service was prompt and the food was excellent both times. Sadly, we didn't get to enjoy the pool due to time constraints, but it looked clean and lovely. Most of the party guests were from out of town and stayed there. Everyone enjoyed their rooms and were very pleased with their interactions with all of the staff. The breakfast buffet was good but a little on the expensive side for standard buffet fare. We love the feel of the lobby -- the brick and timber design and comfortable seating. We live nearby but will go again just as a "stay-cation."

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel numerous times since I was a child and it was operated by a company other than Marriott. What was true then is true now, it has a fabulous pool, and would make a great family weekend escape for a family with children that love to swim.

I most recently stayed in late December for a family reunion. The hotel staff were accommodating and pleasant. The hotel was basically empty, which worked out perfectly for us. It is clearly a conference-type hotel.

We had breakfast in the concierge lounge. The selection was sufficient and the staff was extremely pleasant. I asked about pastries I had enjoyed in the main restaurant and the server brought me some the next day.

My only complaints are that the bartender was not pleasant and frequently disappeared (likely because my family were the only ones there) and the servers at the main breakfast were not remotely cheerful.

All in all, I think the hotel is a good and simple escape. Not fancy, but easy, clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank LGG3
Reviewed March 21, 2014

This is a hotel that should have the Marriott sign ripped off. It's old creaky, poorly designed, cold and just tired. For some reason they're doing a quickie room renovation - poorly and as "cost effectively" as possible instead of leveling the place and building something great as it is in a prime location with amazing potential. Staff are as tired and bored - plus not very competent Club lounge is like a waiting room at a cheap rental car facility at Newark Airport. Avoid at all costs. There are MUCH better Marriott options on Rt 1 at better prices , better spaces and nicer rooms

Room Tip: Don't stay
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Anthony F, Manager at Princeton Marriott at Forrestal, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Dear Michael,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that you may have experienced during your stay. Yes, we are currently undergoing a rooms renovation project, and have been since early January, but we are excited about its completion set for late April of this year! Because of this project, our concierge lounge had to be relocated to a restaurant seating area in the hotel while the lounge is also being renovated.

We are confident that once the project has been completed, that our new rooms and new concierge lounge, together with our friendly & attentive staff service, will yield a much better experience for you and other guests. We truly value your loyalty to Marriott, and we hope to regain your trust and loyalty in our hotel! If there is anything that I may do for you, please feel to reach out to me.

Anthony Fulginiti
Operations Manager

Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

Such comfy and clean rooms. Bed was to die for. I could have laid in this bed all day. Feather pillows, down comforters, 32in flat screen tv. New updates bathrooms. Nice roomy shower. Indoor pool for all. Restaurant was expensive. That was the only down fall.

Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed March 12, 2014

I have stayed there several times over past 2 years on business trips. Never disappointed. The rooms are clean and I am told currently being updated. The lobby offers a comfortable relaxing atmosphere. The restaurant and sports bar are very good. The hotel is located just off Route 1. The hotel property is large and quiet. Deer can be seen walking on the grounds. The front desk were friendly and acommodating. I have not used the gym but it appeared to be small but adequate. The wifi signal is weak in certain areas. Overall, a good value and a nice place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business