“Traumatized”

Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Princeton
Los Angeles, CA
“Traumatized”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Nice is relative to the person saying nice. Nice to me is not what I experienced staying in the guest room at this hotel. The rooms need updating, the linen needs to be burned, and the hotel needs a facelift inside and out. I read the previous reviews and I must say my idea of nice is not the same as others. First of all I always pull back the covers and look at the sheets on the bed when I first enter a guest room. When I came here I pulled the covers back to find blood on the sheets. Disgusted, I called the front desk and housekeeping was sent to change the sheets. They stripped the bed, put on a new mattress pad and sheets, only to see those sheets were dirty and had to be taken off immediately. I went to sit at the desk to watch the whole process, and the desk top was dirty, sticky, & dusty. The shower did not drain well, felt like I need another shower after my shower. The room is dark, and the outlets are so old, i was afraid to plug in my charger, I thought I might get shocked. The whole week I felt traumatized! I was staying there with my employer for a conference and had to keep quiet about all the above. So, I was captive in a dirty, disgusting, time warp. The lobby and conference center has old brick walls inside and out. I was told marriott purchased the property from previous owner 5 yrs ago and put 15 million dollars into the hotel. So I can only imagine what it looked like before, although that's not much money for such a huge facility. So my suggestion is define what nice means to you first, if you are like me, choose another location!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Mauigurrl
Tristen M, Guest Relations Manager at Princeton Marriott at Forrestal, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear Mauigurrl,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I would like to apologize that you experienced the room cleanliness issues described in your review above. I can understand how finding a stain on your sheets upon arrival can create a negative lasting impression.

I assure you that this is not our standard level of cleaniness and if you decide to return to the Princeton Marriott I would welcome the chance to rectify the situation. Please let me know if there is anything else that I can do for you.

Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
atlanta
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Pros:
1. Conveniently located off route 1.
2. Rooms are a nice size and provide ample space for business travelers

Cons:
1. This is an older hotel and is only 3 floors
2. There are no scenic views available from any room, since there are only 3 floors
3. Parking is approx 200 feet (2 football fields) from the front door. So, if it is cold, rainy or very hot outdoors, you will suffer the impact of the elements, getting to or from your vehicle. Your freshly pressed suit or dress may not make the presentation you hope for.

4. The parking lot is wooded and darkly lit at night. There is no security in the parking lot. The parking lot is secluded from the front of the hotel by trees. I'm a man and when I arrived for a late check-in at 9pm, I felt uncomfortable walking in the dark parking lot. I would not want my wife walking in this dark, wooded parking lot at night with no security.

5. Housekeeping starts EARLY. Promptly at 8am, they were knocking on the door as I was preparing to leave for work. If you plan to sleep in, you will need to put your Do Not Disturb out the night before.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank twillis600
Dear Twillis600,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am pleased that you found our hotel convenient and that our guest rooms provided enough space for a productive visit.

You are correct in that our hotel was built as more of a serene lodge than a traditional Marriott high rise. Since the guestrooms are spread out among separate wings, this does allow each guest a view of the 25 wooded acres which surround the hotel.

For those guests who do not wish to walk in from the parking lot or are concerned with the security, we offer valet parking at a low daily rate. However, our security team does patrol the lot at intervals and we have never experienced any safety issues.

Thank you, again, for staying with us. We hope that you will be able to return on a future business trip.
chalfont,pa
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I was recently at this hotel for a conference. The staff was helpful and friendly. The hotel had a great southwest feel to it. The room was quiet and comfortable. During the conference, the food available was delicious and plentiful. Overall a great experience!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank snyd61
Flanders, New Jersey
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We stayed one night, a Thursday evening, as my wife and kids went to a concert. The hotel has a very rustic feel set on 20 plus acres of heavily wooded land. A sophisticated rustic though.
Upon arrival we approached the front desk and were warmly welcomed by Christine. She seamlessly upgraded us to a very nice suite,that we greatfully enjoyed.
Every staff member at the hotel are caring and helpful.
The restaurant and pub have the same menu. The food is good. The only reason to eat in the restaurant would be if you had children or need a modicum of privacy, or wish to escape the bar patrons.
Beth the bartender is professional, yet truly engages the patrons. The manager, who is new, is very customer oriented. Her name is tyryn, I appologise as she said tirin with y's not i's if I've gotten this wrong.
I would recommend staying here heartily.
I would not use the in room dinning for breakfast as it is luke warm apon arrival.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank horsedadMorrisCounty
New York
Reviewed March 31, 2013

It's a very nice hotel and the front desk staff were so friendly and helpful. Samantha, from the front desk went beyond expectations with her service. We ate dinner in Barley Pub and enjoyed their tasty fare. I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NYtraveler025
los angeles
Reviewed March 27, 2013

checked in for a one night stay and the front desk agent was one of the friendliest I've ever met (especially after a long tri)...she greeted me by name..the lobby is setup like a chalet..very cozy and comfortable...the room is a standard marriott....breakfast was standard marriott...great omelette bar...would definitely stay here again...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank uswmnj
New Haven
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We enjoyed this Marriott so much we stayed here once again when we were in the area. Wonderful property, layout, lobby areas, decor and fitness room. Not inexpensive but a very comfortable and comforting place to be while visiting family in the area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family