New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Princeton Marriott at Forrestal

Princeton Marriott at Forrestal
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Princeton
nj
“Excellent Property, Nice staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

I've stayed here a few times now and have been imressed both times by the hotel. The layout is definetly un-Marriott, but that probably why I enjoyed this hotel. The grounds are almost like a resort, which comes as a surprise to those familiar w/ the busy Rt 1 corridor. There's a healthy, but scenic walk, from the parking lot to the front entrance. To those who complain about the walk, valet!

My only gripe is that the pool area is seriously dated, but thats the least of my worries. Having an indoor pool to swim in is always a treat.

All in all a great place to stay in the Princeton area... close to Princeton, Trenton, New Brunswick, yet off the beaten path just enough to relax and unwind!

Room Tip: Dont waste your time w/ the elevator if youre on the 2nd or 3rd floors. The stairs are a lot quicker
1 Thank scott b

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

We checked into the Marriott Forrestal hotel on Christmas Day as we have a flight to catch the following morning. When we checked in, the front desk presented us with a box of chocolates and two restaurant vouchers since my husband is a platinum member but the executive lounge was closed for Christmas. That was very thoughtful. I brought along with me some pasta that my mother in law made for Christmas. The front desk arranged for room service to deliver a mircowave to our room when my husband called the front desk to see where we could heat up the food. We have been Marriott members since 2004 and this is the very first time that I see such awesome service. The hotel is beautiful and has a rustic feel. The only drawback is its carpark - It's really far from the entrance. I dread dragging our luggage bags in a bitter cold winter in order to reach the entrance. But overall, a very lovely experience for us.

Room Tip: You might want to consider a room that is closer to the front desk. The hotel is huge.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Tristen M, Manager at Princeton Marriott at Forrestal, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Thank you very much for the kind words! As a loyal Platinum guest you do also receive complimentary valet parking. You don't have to worry about dragging your luggage through the parking lot the next time you visit, just pull right up front!

Warm Regards,
Tristen
Executive Assistant
Basking Ridge, NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

We returned this afternoon from a 3-night stay at the Marriott at Forrestal, and we are still having trouble shaking off the meditative state it induced!

Wonderful, incredibly relaxing place, especially for couple and mother/daughter spa days. We had a couples massage the day after we arrived — my masseuse was very good (not excellent – but then I'm a massage afficianado). It was his first, and he's now hooked ;) Steam room and sauna were a great add-on to the massage.

Aprés-spa, we wandered in a trance over to the heated pool/whirlpool, which is in a beautiful atrium setting. Watching the snow drift down on the windowed walls and roof while sipping a cocktail in the whirlpool...priceless!

The pool area was not crowded at any time during our stay, and we had it to ourselves on a few occasions. The heated pool was the perfect temperature complement for the whirlpool: Just a little shocking when you jump in but soon just right for a swim. It was such a great place to park that we only made it in to Princeton for dinner and a drink one night.

I could go on and on... service was very attentive (they brought a microwave and dishes to our room so we could heat up some leftovers). As Platinum members, we also had complementary buffet breakfast each morning, and received a dinner voucher for their on-premises restaurant one night as well. (Turkey BLT and burgers were good.)

We used points for our visit but the regular room rates looked very reasonable.

All-in-all, we felt very pampered, and we are already trying to figure out when we can return.

Room Tip: We stayed on the Concierge Level, where they served a (limited) hot & cold buffet weekdays only...
Jax, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012

Having stayed at several Marriott's over the years, we found this to be spa like, though complete with the needs business travelers have come to expect ! We enjoyed the quiet setting, with tennis, an indoor pool, and fitness center, along with trails around the property that were especially pretty in the fall, with the changing leaves.

Massages and a pampering salon are present on site, too. A sunken bar, restaurant and fireplace lounge make for a cozy spot at the end of any day.

Going into Princeton is about a 15 minutes car ride. Highly recommend !

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Palm Desert, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2012

This was the second time we spent Thanksgiving night at this hotel. We were greeted and given a nice room and told that the Executive Lounge would be open. (Last year it was not on the holiday) Rooms are a little tired looking so new furniture would be nice. The Executive Lounge is spacious and the staff was very accomodating. We chose to eat breakfast in the main restaurant and it was very good.(Made to order eggs, pancakes, waffles)
This is a very pleasant place if you have business in Princeton, the entire staff is what makes it more so. Everyone could not have been nicer.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Thank JSSMetroD.C.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

This was my second stay at this lovely Marriott! My son is attending Westminster Choir College and I was up from DC for the Christmas performance at the Princeton Chapel. I will be coming up quite a lot over the next 3 years and I will definitely make this my home away from home! The setting is lovely -- very quiet and peaceful in beautiful surroundings. I think the room is great -- very comfortable and spacious! The indoor pool is relaxing and the fitness room is great. I had a very tasty burger in the pub and the room service breakfasts are quite good and reasonably priced. I found the staff very friendly and attentive. I didn't find the decor outdated at all as noted in one of the reviews. I think the hotel is a great value, easy to get to from Rte 1 and very close to Princeton. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank K2Climb56
Bethesda, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

I stayed here with other family members for three nights over Thanksgiving and wished I could have moved here permanently - that's how relaxing this hotel is. It really is like a resort, with a lodge-like atmosphere in the main lobby and views of the surrounding woods. The indoor pool area was one of the nicest (and warmest) I've visited, and the property also features a spa on the lower level. The bed in my room was very comfortable and the room was spotlessly clean and attractively furnished. The bathroom was rather small but had no other negatives. There is also a small refrigerator in the room.

We had the Thanksgiving buffet and I thought it was an excellent value, considering the quality and variety of foods offered. I had breakfast there at the hotel restaurant one other day and it was also very good.

Despite being there on a reservation from an opaque travel site, I received excellent service and even was upgraded to the concierge level. The breakfast and evening hors d'oeuvres and dessert were great, and drinks were available at all hours. There is one free computer terminal in the lounge, plus a business center with two more computers and free Internet just off the lobby. Unfortunately, the lounge was closed from Friday noon through Sunday 5 PM, so booking the concierge level during the weekend would not be such a good value.

Overall I loved this property and hope to return again when visiting family in the area (and I may even book direct too - it's worth it!).

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family