“Great Escape!”

Princeton Marriott at Forrestal
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Princeton
Reviewed December 30, 2012

We returned this afternoon from a 3-night stay at the Marriott at Forrestal, and we are still having trouble shaking off the meditative state it induced!

Wonderful, incredibly relaxing place, especially for couple and mother/daughter spa days. We had a couples massage the day after we arrived — my masseuse was very good (not excellent – but then I'm a massage afficianado). It was his first, and he's now hooked ;) Steam room and sauna were a great add-on to the massage.

Aprés-spa, we wandered in a trance over to the heated pool/whirlpool, which is in a beautiful atrium setting. Watching the snow drift down on the windowed walls and roof while sipping a cocktail in the whirlpool...priceless!

The pool area was not crowded at any time during our stay, and we had it to ourselves on a few occasions. The heated pool was the perfect temperature complement for the whirlpool: Just a little shocking when you jump in but soon just right for a swim. It was such a great place to park that we only made it in to Princeton for dinner and a drink one night.

I could go on and on... service was very attentive (they brought a microwave and dishes to our room so we could heat up some leftovers). As Platinum members, we also had complementary buffet breakfast each morning, and received a dinner voucher for their on-premises restaurant one night as well. (Turkey BLT and burgers were good.)

We used points for our visit but the regular room rates looked very reasonable.

All-in-all, we felt very pampered, and we are already trying to figure out when we can return.

Room Tip: We stayed on the Concierge Level, where they served a (limited) hot & cold buffet weekdays only...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Princeton Marriott at Forrestal

Reviewed December 21, 2012

Having stayed at several Marriott's over the years, we found this to be spa like, though complete with the needs business travelers have come to expect ! We enjoyed the quiet setting, with tennis, an indoor pool, and fitness center, along with trails around the property that were especially pretty in the fall, with the changing leaves.

Massages and a pampering salon are present on site, too. A sunken bar, restaurant and fireplace lounge make for a cozy spot at the end of any day.

Going into Princeton is about a 15 minutes car ride. Highly recommend !

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 15, 2012

This was the second time we spent Thanksgiving night at this hotel. We were greeted and given a nice room and told that the Executive Lounge would be open. (Last year it was not on the holiday) Rooms are a little tired looking so new furniture would be nice. The Executive Lounge is spacious and the staff was very accomodating. We chose to eat breakfast in the main restaurant and it was very good.(Made to order eggs, pancakes, waffles)
This is a very pleasant place if you have business in Princeton, the entire staff is what makes it more so. Everyone could not have been nicer.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Thank JSSMetroD.C.
Reviewed December 9, 2012

This was my second stay at this lovely Marriott! My son is attending Westminster Choir College and I was up from DC for the Christmas performance at the Princeton Chapel. I will be coming up quite a lot over the next 3 years and I will definitely make this my home away from home! The setting is lovely -- very quiet and peaceful in beautiful surroundings. I think the room is great -- very comfortable and spacious! The indoor pool is relaxing and the fitness room is great. I had a very tasty burger in the pub and the room service breakfasts are quite good and reasonably priced. I found the staff very friendly and attentive. I didn't find the decor outdated at all as noted in one of the reviews. I think the hotel is a great value, easy to get to from Rte 1 and very close to Princeton. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank K2Climb56
Reviewed November 28, 2012

I stayed here with other family members for three nights over Thanksgiving and wished I could have moved here permanently - that's how relaxing this hotel is. It really is like a resort, with a lodge-like atmosphere in the main lobby and views of the surrounding woods. The indoor pool area was one of the nicest (and warmest) I've visited, and the property also features a spa on the lower level. The bed in my room was very comfortable and the room was spotlessly clean and attractively furnished. The bathroom was rather small but had no other negatives. There is also a small refrigerator in the room.

We had the Thanksgiving buffet and I thought it was an excellent value, considering the quality and variety of foods offered. I had breakfast there at the hotel restaurant one other day and it was also very good.

Despite being there on a reservation from an opaque travel site, I received excellent service and even was upgraded to the concierge level. The breakfast and evening hors d'oeuvres and dessert were great, and drinks were available at all hours. There is one free computer terminal in the lounge, plus a business center with two more computers and free Internet just off the lobby. Unfortunately, the lounge was closed from Friday noon through Sunday 5 PM, so booking the concierge level during the weekend would not be such a good value.

Overall I loved this property and hope to return again when visiting family in the area (and I may even book direct too - it's worth it!).

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Ceollaigh
Reviewed November 11, 2012

In desperation for warmth and light I drove from hotel to hotel until I came to the Princeton Marriott. I've been to the hotel many times before to use the spa but had never stayed overnight.

Well, due to the hurricane there was no wifi and no room service (I guess they were short-staffed). The only food to be had was a blah buffet. I had wanted room service but went to the restaurant to get something to go. Well. The server looked at me as though I had two heads when I asked for a to-go box. He stammered and hemmed and hawed, finally mumbling something about asking his manager. Really, Marriott? Giving a guest a to-go box is a complicated issue that needs discussion with a manager? Sheesh.

The room was OK. The bed was comfy and there were adequate toiletries in the bathroom. I was just glad to have a warm place to sleep and TV to watch, anyway.

When I checked out I told the woman at the desk that while I understood that some services would not be available because of the hurricane they had a lot of nerve charging me full price in spite of not having the services. Christy, the very nice, very professional clerk agreed with me and took $67 off my bill which made me a bit happier.

I'll come back to the spa since I live locally but I don't think I'll be staying in the hotel again. Not unless there's some great deal they're offering.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 11, 2012

We came here to spend a relaxing weekend. The hotel is in a great forested setting where we could observe the Fall folliage. The room was spacious; the bed was comfortable;the shower was great. The staff was very attentive and eager to provide service and answer questions. The gym and pool certainly helped us to relax. I would gladly return again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple