“Well Kept Secret -- Great Value” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Princeton Marriott at Forrestal

Princeton Marriott at Forrestal
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Princeton
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Well Kept Secret -- Great Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

This was my second stay at this lovely Marriott! My son is attending Westminster Choir College and I was up from DC for the Christmas performance at the Princeton Chapel. I will be coming up quite a lot over the next 3 years and I will definitely make this my home away from home! The setting is lovely -- very quiet and peaceful in beautiful surroundings. I think the room is great -- very comfortable and spacious! The indoor pool is relaxing and the fitness room is great. I had a very tasty burger in the pub and the room service breakfasts are quite good and reasonably priced. I found the staff very friendly and attentive. I didn't find the decor outdated at all as noted in one of the reviews. I think the hotel is a great value, easy to get to from Rte 1 and very close to Princeton. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank K2Climb56

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Bethesda, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I stayed here with other family members for three nights over Thanksgiving and wished I could have moved here permanently - that's how relaxing this hotel is. It really is like a resort, with a lodge-like atmosphere in the main lobby and views of the surrounding woods. The indoor pool area was one of the nicest (and warmest) I've visited, and the property also features a spa on the lower level. The bed in my room was very comfortable and the room was spotlessly clean and attractively furnished. The bathroom was rather small but had no other negatives. There is also a small refrigerator in the room.

We had the Thanksgiving buffet and I thought it was an excellent value, considering the quality and variety of foods offered. I had breakfast there at the hotel restaurant one other day and it was also very good.

Despite being there on a reservation from an opaque travel site, I received excellent service and even was upgraded to the concierge level. The breakfast and evening hors d'oeuvres and dessert were great, and drinks were available at all hours. There is one free computer terminal in the lounge, plus a business center with two more computers and free Internet just off the lobby. Unfortunately, the lounge was closed from Friday noon through Sunday 5 PM, so booking the concierge level during the weekend would not be such a good value.

Overall I loved this property and hope to return again when visiting family in the area (and I may even book direct too - it's worth it!).

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Ceollaigh
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

In desperation for warmth and light I drove from hotel to hotel until I came to the Princeton Marriott. I've been to the hotel many times before to use the spa but had never stayed overnight.

Well, due to the hurricane there was no wifi and no room service (I guess they were short-staffed). The only food to be had was a blah buffet. I had wanted room service but went to the restaurant to get something to go. Well. The server looked at me as though I had two heads when I asked for a to-go box. He stammered and hemmed and hawed, finally mumbling something about asking his manager. Really, Marriott? Giving a guest a to-go box is a complicated issue that needs discussion with a manager? Sheesh.

The room was OK. The bed was comfy and there were adequate toiletries in the bathroom. I was just glad to have a warm place to sleep and TV to watch, anyway.

When I checked out I told the woman at the desk that while I understood that some services would not be available because of the hurricane they had a lot of nerve charging me full price in spite of not having the services. Christy, the very nice, very professional clerk agreed with me and took $67 off my bill which made me a bit happier.

I'll come back to the spa since I live locally but I don't think I'll be staying in the hotel again. Not unless there's some great deal they're offering.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We came here to spend a relaxing weekend. The hotel is in a great forested setting where we could observe the Fall folliage. The room was spacious; the bed was comfortable;the shower was great. The staff was very attentive and eager to provide service and answer questions. The gym and pool certainly helped us to relax. I would gladly return again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Sometimes it's not about how beautiful a hotel is but if it suits your needs. This is a beautiful property. It is off the beaten path but not far from Princeton University and loads of things to do.
The rooms are clean, the staff is lovely.
There is a beautiful indoor pool and spa and the way the hotel is laid out is perfect.
I can see the suitability for business meetings for sure.
But, if you decide to go for a weekend there are usually no meetings and the family can really enjoy.
When we went it was a solemn time because my mom had just died and we were going to meet family at her gravesite close by. The hotel provided me some relaxation and a way to space out by just not doing anything. I think the interior is beautiful and works well with the environment. Some say it's outdated, but that really doesn't matter since it is spotless.
I have seen beautiful hotels dirty and it says nothing.
I am going back in a few weeks with my family to spend another weekend.
It won't disappoint.

Room Tip: Because this is not a large hotel, all rooms are fine.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank juliajjones
Hillside, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My wife and I had occasion to spend a night at the Princeton Marriott at Forrestal. The room was spacious, the bed quite comfortable, and the ambiance was wonderful. The best was the service. It was quite apparent that service is the name of the game here. It was clear that all staff members were well trained, as they all were courteous and very helpful...they could not do enough for you. The restaurants, while a bit pricey, were quite nice and the food was delicious.

Good place to stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank jferro439
maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The Marriott at Princeton is like a pastoral retreat. Even though it is close to Princeton it seems far away when you are there. Set in a park like setting, the hotel is quiet and earthy looking with its low profile set against the surrounding woods. The room we had was a normal Marriott room, which is to say functional and slightly corporate looking. The Swimming pool is terrific, larger than most hotel pools with a hot tub that lived up to its definition. We will definitely return to the hotel again and again while our son attends the university.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family