“The entire staff had a can-do attitude and high standards of hospitality which must come from the top-down.”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Princeton
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Princeton
Boston, MA
Reviewed March 11, 2010

The hotel's refurbishment includes comfortable beds, new linens, good pillows, and nice HD flat screen televisions. I asked for a room on the quiet side of the hotel, and they upgraded me for free to the executive floor, where the complimentary breakfasts were surprisingly lavish and delicious. I was greeted with smiles everywhere by the staff, who were flexible and went the extra mile to make sure my stay was comfortable. Easy parking, and convenient access to the town of Princeton, a lovely Canal walk, and the University.

Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
PCTDT-GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Princeton, responded to this review, April 13, 2010
Dear Guest,
On behalf of the entire staff, thank you for taking the time to write a review. We really do appreciate your feedback, and of course we’re delighted that you recognize and appreciate our friendly service. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back whenever your travel plans include the Princeton, NJ area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Chicago
Reviewed March 10, 2010

Definately a 3 star hotel, clean and large size rooms. Old televisions, internet not free, resturant a 3 star, at least prices are OK. Heating had issues wouldn't adjust without playing around with thermostat. American Shower.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
On behalf of the entire staff, thank you for taking the time to write a review. We really do appreciate your feedback, and we value your observations. For your future stays, we do offer packages that include HSIA at a discount and we're in the process of installing more flat panel HD TVs. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back whenever your travel plans include the Princeton, NJ area.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed February 1, 2010

Being from NJ you tend to overlook some of the great locations to visit within your own state. Princeton is definitely a gorgeous place to visit and has tons of shopping and great food. This Doubletree is situated not too far from Downtown Princeton (there is even a complimentary shuttle but we didn't need it because we like to drive on our own--but it seemed like a nice deal). The warm chocolate chip cookie they present you with upon arrival is delicious and a sweet gesture. The room we had (king bed) was nice. Not outstanding and not horrible just nice. I'm not sure what I was expecting (with the #1 ranking) but my socks weren't knocked off. The Neutrogena bath products are great and the bathroom is very clean and updated. The bed is comfortable enough and two people can navigate the room with ease. I didn't see what the suites looked like but I'm sure the extra room is appreciated. The staff is always ready to help you and the coffee/tea in the room is quite tasty. We stayed over the course of a very rainy weekend and returning to our room every night was quite a relief. The restaurant located in the hotel is delicious (but pricey). I'd recommend this place to anybody looking for a great deal in Princeton.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
PCTDT-GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Princeton, responded to this review, February 23, 2010
Dear Guest,
On behalf of the entire staff, thank you for taking the time to write a review. I was glad to read that you had a pleasant stay (despite the weather) and hope you will again choose the Doubletree Hotel whenever your travel plans include the Princeton, NJ area.
Campbell, CA
Reviewed December 10, 2009

Stayed at the Doubeltree Princeton several weeks ago for the second time and continue to be impressed with the hotel. Nice, comfortable rooms and amenities but what stands out is the customer service. It is clear that management has really stressed to all staff members that good customer service is important and they should provide it at all times...and they do. There are also little extra touches that are appreciated like the free business center, which is common in the Hilton Garden Inn chain, but rarely provided at other Doubletrees. All in all a great choice and an excellent value when in the Princeton/Philly area.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
PCTDT-GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Princeton, responded to this review, December 14, 2009
Dear Guest,
On behalf of the entire staff, thank you for taking the time to write a review. We really do appreciate your feedback and of course I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay. I will be sure to share your comments at our staff meeting and I look forward to welcoming you back whenever your travel plans include the Princeton area.
upstateny
Reviewed November 26, 2009

We are a traveling "CheerLeader" group in NJ for a competition. Our first night there was uneventful. It was our second night, after a long day at the competition we arrived back at our hotel to unwind. Did I mention 15 12 and 13 yr old girls?? We as parents wanted to socialize as a group. We congregated in the hall way outside "our" rooms. 8:30 PM Security told us we could not do this, against policy....We were told by him to move our party to the lobby...we did and within minutes "Suits" of the hotel stood within 10 feet of us arms folded. One poor employee , came to us with sweat on his brow,,,,he pulled the short straw...told us we must remove ourselves from the lobby within 20 minutes as the party in the ball room was going to let out...I believe he was the same man who told us to go to the lobby......feel the frustration?? We went up to one of our rooms...guess what... knock on the door...being too loud....funny our room next door was one of the parents and she could not hear us. Did I also mention we are the adults and not the children. They were in rooms watching movies. So we moved to another room at the end of the hall...Again knock on the door too loud again...now they have a note pad and are taking note. Our group was under house arrest at 10:00 by hotel staff. The next morning at breakfast, 2 staff employees from another country spoke English to me as I asked a question...within a minute they were talking in their language as I stood before them and were laughing..Can't help but feel they were talking about me and was quite offended. I will NEVER recommend this Chain of Hotel to anyone and plan on telling everyone of the horrible experience. As I gave back my keycard I expressed my disgust with the girl at the desk.....another Parent from another Cheerleading team was also checking out and said they were "after" her group as well.....Hey here's an Idea....don't book teams. We spent 4000.00 plus for 2 days in Jersey and truthfully want our money back.....

• Stayed November 2009
1 Thank CheerMom13037
PCTDT-GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Princeton, responded to this review, November 27, 2009
Dear Guest,
On behalf of the entire staff, thank you for taking the time to write a review. I’m sorry that you were less than completely satisfied with your stay and specifically that you felt harassed by the staff. I certainly recognize that groups such as yours need an area to “unwind” and we will work to improve our communication about those options in the future. At the same time, we have an obligation to provide a comfortable stay for all our guests, and this is the reason you were asked not to congregate in the public areas. Again I apologize if this wasn’t communicated to you in a professional manner with alternatives to suit your group.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed November 22, 2009

From the moment I walked in I was well taken care of by front staff. An error of theirs was quickly taken care of the next day; I had requested a two bed or a bed with a sofa bed but was given just a one bedroom. I stayed 5 nights while I visited my daughter for parents weekend and we all enjoyed the warm and delicious chocolate chip cookies every night. The front staff got to know us so well that they could tell that we were in need of a hot chocolate drink to go along with our cookie due to the horrible cold and wet weather we traveled in and they just called us over and offered it to us. I absolutely recommend this hotel for anyone that is traveling alone or as a family. They are very family oriented and take care of all needs that the room might need. I have already told them that I am staying with them again on my next visit to see my daughter. They said they would be ready and to just drop by and I will!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
On behalf of the entire staff, thank you for taking the time to write a review. We really do appreciate your feedback, and of course we’re delighted that you recognize and appreciate our warm and friendly service. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back whenever your travel plans include the Princeton, NJ area.
Princeton
Reviewed November 5, 2009

I would recommend this hotel to my friends and family! The staff was very hospitable! The cookies are to die for and the accomendations were great! I have already booked this hotel for my 30 year class reunion on Nov. 27 & 28!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo