“Nice stay!”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Princeton
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Princeton
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I had to travel here for work. The hotel was convenient to my place of business. It was nice and comfortable. The breakfast was nice and I was provided a cookie upon arrival. Great staff. I would recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Sita N, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Princeton, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Greetings, and thank you for staying with us during your visit to the Princeton area. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay and your breakfast. Our breakfast buffet was designed in a way that everyone could find something. We have everything from made to order omelets to a parfait station. Thank you again for staying with us, and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

We used this hotel while tending a lacrosse tournament at Rider. I love the Doubletree line of hotels. They are always clean and the cookies are great! I am however upset that even though we paid to TWO rooms, both on executive floor, the second room - occupied by my children was denied executive floor privilege. The exec floor was supposed to include breakfast, which was no problem, we got that fine as well as appetizer/snack and beverages in lounge in the evening. What we got was a voucher for adults only and it was for one app or one drink. Very cheap of Doubletree and as I said we paid for two exec rooms and they would not give us a voucher for the kids. So, I paid for soft drinks in the lounge for my kids. I was pretty annoyed. I will not book exec level and pay in the future with out serious clarification. I was told at booking by Hilton that a "comp" offer similar to weekday exec service would be offered. Not really

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Sita N, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Princeton, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Greetings, and thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to the Princeton area. I apologize for the confusion in regards to the compensation benefits that are offered when our Executive Lounge is closed. We strive to make sure every guest leaves our doors satisfied and happy with the experience they had while staying with us. I will discuss with the Front Office Manager to ensure that everyone is clear on the compensation for the Executive Lounge. Thank you for taking the time to write this review, and we do hope you will stay with us again.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Our family stayed at Double Tree Hilton in Princeton along with other families - in town for a soccer tournament. We all had an excellent stay. The warm cookies were terrific when we arrived to check in - the children in our group were impressed....but the adults enjoyed that treat equally!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Sita N, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Princeton, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Greetings, thank you for staying with us during your last visit to the Princeton area. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay, as well as our signature DoubleTree cookies. Our signature DoubleTree cookies can also be ordered online and delivered right to your door! Good luck on the rest of your soccer season, and we hope to see you again for next year’s tournament.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

We decided at the last minute to go to my Princeton reunion and managed to get a room for Saturday night at the Doubletree (of course, the rate was quite high, but that's to be expected for a last-minute booking on a busy weekend). We had a terrific stay and really had no complaints at all. The room was nice and clean and well-appointed, the beds were comfortable, the a/c worked like a dream (it was very hot and humid that weekend), the bathroom was well-designed and very clean. It's not te most idyllic of settings - right on Route 1 - but it's very convenient to town, just a short hop into Princeton proper from the hotel on Route 1 to Harrison Street (which I actually found a better way to approach town than the usual Washington Road). We ordered just cereal for breakfast from room service - of course pricier than cereal is out in the real world, but that's to be expected (one person complained of the overpriced breakfast - it sounds like pretty much par for the course for a hotel like this). We will definitely stay here again when we come to visit Princeton again (in fact, we're already booked for reunions next year - at a great AAA rate!).

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Sita N, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Princeton, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Greetings, and thank you for staying with us during your visit to Princeton. I truly appreciate your business and you taking the time to write this review. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay and your reunion! We know that Princeton graduation/reunion weekend is a special time for all Tigers, new and old. We are all glad that we could contribute to you a successful reunion. Princeton can also be reached by taking an alternate route directly from the hotel, instead of taking Route 1. This route takes you right by Lake Carnegie and is very scenic. Your kind words about the cleanliness and quality of the rooms and service will be passed to the other departments to encourage them to keep up the good work. Thank you again for staying with us, and we will see next year!

Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

Great location on US 1. No good local breakfast options. $13 for adults and i think $10 for continental. Food quality good but for a family of four i shelled out over $40 for breakfast food. Beds comfy and room was clean. Id stay again but on day two i went elsewhere for a bite.

• Stayed: June 2013

Greetings, and thank you for staying with us during your last visit to the Princeton area. I truly appreciate your business and you taking the time to write this review. The downtown Princeton area is home to many different restaurants that offer breakfast, lunch, and dinner. PJ’s Pancake House is the local favorite for breakfast. On your next visit, be sure to ask for a local dining guide at the front desk. It will be a roadmap for your stomach’s delight. Our restaurant also offers an a la carte menu for those that do not feel they need all of the options offered in the breakfast buffet. Your comments about the cleanliness and comfort ability of the rooms will be passed to the housekeeping department. We would all love for you and your family to stay with us again. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

I have stayed in hotels around the world but this hotel by far had the BEST staff... Truly care about their patrons and went above and beyond for us. Always greeted with smile... always had suggestions to help... and even the food was good in hotel restaurant. I recommend this for anyone going to the Princeton NJ area.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Sita N, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Princeton, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Greetings, thank you for staying with us during your last visit to the Princeton area, and for taking the time to write this review. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay as well as your restaurant experience. We follow the C.A.R.E motto here, which is to “Create A Rewarding Experience”. I will pass your kind words to other departments to keep up the great service. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

I stayed here the weekend of the 8th. My stay there was very pleasant. No complaints about anything in particular, until one of the front desk agents decided to give out a key to one of the boys i was traveling with. Which was very upsetting for me since this boy is a trouble maker. You would think the front desk would know better in giving out a key to a room to a minor with no form of ID who's name is not added on the reservation. There was no manager available to speak to about the problem so a supervisor from the restaurant was called. I hope the lady from the front desk learns a security lesson about giving out room keys. Problem could have been bigger if it was a stranger trying to get to my room that happens to know my last name and room number. Hotel security should be first.

1  Thank charles s
Gina R, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Princeton, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Thank you for staying with us during your last visit to the Princeton area, and for taking the time to write this review. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with the exception of the room. We do have a strict policy here that an ID must be presented in order to request a duplicate room key. This will be discussed with the Front Office Manager to make sure that this policy is being upheld by everyone. Our guests’ comfort ability is just as important to us as their safety. Thank you again for staying with us, and we hope to see you soon.