“OK for Business Trip” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Princeton
Kent Family
“OK for Business Trip”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

I have stayed here a few times, most recently after the Hurricane and the hotel was very busy with people working on clear up work - so it was noisy very early in the morning with them starting their trucks.

Rooms are a nice size and pretty comfortable, like most business hotels. Took a while to get to grips with the right temperature on the Aircon.

Room service food is OK, for whatever reason the food eating in Off The Bone restaurant was much much better.

Bar area OK to get out of the room, it's like a step up area from the restaurant. On my first visit I did not realise it was the bar, I thought it was just an extension of the restaurant when they were busy.

Hotel has a pool, used on previous trips and was OK and open late. There is an office area in the lobby you can use too.

Cookies are the normal for Doubletree, which I am not keen on however I had enough people at the office who were happy to take them off my hands.

Big plus for out of towners is the mini-bus just check the running times and book a seat the night before. I used from the hotel into Princeton most mornings much better than paying for a taxi which was about $25 on the days I had to be in the office early.

Downside is getting out and about without a car.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Gina R, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Princeton, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay and review of our property. We truly appreciate your business and we want you to know that your feedback will be used to help us provide an even higher level of service! Thank you again for your continued patronage and we hope to see you return soon. (^_^)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Chandler, AZ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

My two night stay started out fine. Easy check-in, quiet location, nice HDTV. The next morning, there were no issues either. The shower with the Speakman head worked just fine and out the door I went.

Back to the room at night for a quick check of email and back to sleep in a clean comfortable bed.

The issue was on day two (this morning), the shower had painful swings in water temperature. One minute ice cold, the next minute scalding hot. This continued for the entire shower. I tried turning off the shower and turning back on and adjusting the handle. Nothing helped.

I showered as quickly as possible - which took much longer than expected because the temps were so drastically different and it was off to the airport for a morning flight.

Overall not a bad hotel. I've stayed here before and will most likely return. The knock I have with most DTree properties is that they have the in-room air handlers that make it quite noisy in the room as the fan turns on and off.

I can't slam them for for this one issue with the shower, but they need to fix Room 323.

Room Tip: Avoid Room 323 - or at least make sure the water temp issue is resolved.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Gina R, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Princeton, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Greetings, thank you for your recent stay and writing this review. We truly appreciate your business. I am pleased to see that you were able to enjoy your stay. In regards to the issue that was raised about the shower, these concerns have been given to our Chief Engineer to have this remedied immediately. Thank you again for staying with us, and we all hope to see you again soon. (^_^)
Delmar, New York, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

Great for an overnight but needs a hot tub and a sauna along with either an entertainment room and/or live entertainment to attract a good crowd to make it more exciting, especially if you want to enjoy an extended stay. It was almost too quiet, like we were the only ones there. Also, small fridge in the room would be nice.

Room Tip: Request the "Executive Floor" if you would like a pillow that says, "Sweet Dreams&quo...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your recent stay and review of our property. We truly appreciate your business and we want you to know that your feedback will be used to help us provide an even higher level of service! Although we may not have an entertainment room, we are surrounded by plenty of activities. We have two malls, Grounds for Sculpture, an assortment of restaurants and shops, and Princeton University within a five mile radius of the hotel. All of which, you can utilize our complimentary shuttle service for. Please call the hotel directly for the shuttle schedule and guidelines. We are also in between Philadelphia and New York, which would be great for day trips. The train station is also a destination that our shuttle goes to. Thank you again and we hope to see you return soon. (^_^)
New Castle, Delaware
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2012

Stayed at the Doubletree for a social function nearby. The location was on US 1 and easily accessible. There was ample parking on site. We did not eat at the restaurant on site. Our room was on the first floor toward the back of the hotel(away from busy US 1). I would have preferred a second floor room but, had used Priceline NYOP and can't complaint based on the price(less than half the hotel special rate). There were two beds in the room. The beds were very soft. The front desk staff was efficient and business like. It felt as if they were just trying to check people in. I later learned there was an entire cheerleading(teens) team styaying in the hotel for a local competition which probably contributed to the stress of the staff that weekend. Overall a solid hotel for an excellent price.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Gina R, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Princeton, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Thank you for your recent stay with us; we truly appreciate your business. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed the time that you spent with us. I am also pleased to see that you were able to find the hotel easily. Our mattresses are specially made for DoubleTree by Hilton. They belong to DoubleTree by Hilton’s Sweet Dreams Collection. These mattresses are made to ensure that you sleep soundly and comfortably throughout the night.
I do hope that the next time you stay with us you have an opportunity to experience our amenities. We have a 24 hour business center as well as 24 hour fitness center. We also have a heated indoor pool. Our restaurant, On The Bone, serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner, while also serving room service throughout the day. Thank you again for staying with us, and we hope to see you soon! Also from all of us here at DoubleTree by Hilton Princeton, we wish you a very Happy New Year! (^_^)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

All Doubletrees seem to be good and this one is too. Clean, warm,nice people, heated pool, exercise room, in-house restaurant,( not close to downtown so without a car, once you're there,you're there). It's quiet and the same nice sheets and comforter. Downside- no free wifi. In my opinion, that's just mean... But otherwise, certainly good enough! Also some good walking/ running trails in the nearby, rural, New Jersey area.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Gina R, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Princeton, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Hello and thank you for staying with us during your visit to the Princeton area, we truly appreciate your business. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay and were able to use some of our amenities such as our heated pool, 24 hour fitness center, and restaurant, On The Bone. On your next visit, give our complimentary shuttle service a try, which will take you within a five mile radius of the hotel. Our shuttle service is perfect for those that do not want to face the hassle of parking downtown. We also offer complimentary wifi in our lobby area, and we also have a 24 hour business center with computers already connected to the internet.
The trails in this area provide a serene and private tour of Princeton and the neighboring towns. They are a real treat in the Spring and Summer. I would once again like to thank you for staying and wish you a very happy holiday! (^_^)
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

Thank you staff of Double Tree Hilton Princeton. I was at your hotel this past week for a national high school debate tournament at the university, and your awesome staff was very helpful in shuttling students to and fro to their events. I appreciated the friendly and understanding service I received from the staff during the chaos of finding transportation. I will definitely recommend you to others that may attend the debate next year.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Gina R, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Princeton, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Greetings! I would like to thank you for staying with us. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay so much. At DoubleTree by Hilton Princeton, and any DoubleTree by Hilton for that matter, we know that it is the little things that mean everything. The hardest part of any trip, if there are any hard parts at all, should be traveling. As soon as you enter our doors, every guest is treated like family. I thank you again for staying with us and for your kind words and recommendations. We all hope to see you again soon and have a very happy holiday! (^_^)
Kiev, Ukraine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012

It has been my third or fourth stay at this hotel, and I cannot describe how much I like it. Never expected anything special not in a big city but this property appears just that - great. The rooms are well-maintained and clean (kudos to the house-keeping department for doing a great job). Bathrooms may not be the biggest I've seen but are clean and have a good selection of toiletries. I never checked the Executive Lounge but they seem to have a breakfast service and evening snacks. I was also impressed with the hotel's restaurant and small bar attached to it. The food was very nice with specials changing every day (once again - not what I expected in a small town). I left very satisfied and would come back should a need arise to stay in the area again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Gina R, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Princeton, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Hello, and thank you for your recent stay and continued patronage with us here at the DoubleTree by Hilton Princeton! We strive to uphold our C.A.R.E. motto, which is “Creating A Rewarding Experience”. We want our guests to feel right at home while they stay with us. Your kind remarks about the cleanliness of our guest facilities will be passed along to the Executive Housekeeper. Our housekeeping staff works very hard to ensure that each and every room meets the Hilton standard before it is released to be occupied. On your next trip, be sure to visit the Executive Lounge. The morning breakfast and evening snacks change daily!
I am glad to see that you enjoyed your meal in our restaurant, On The Bone. Our Executive Chef designs her menu and specials to provide guests with fresh, exciting food. You will come hungry and leave more than satisfied. Your kind words will be given to our Executive Chef and the rest of our restaurant staff. Once again thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you soon!