First of all, let me tell you that I travel extensively on business. This was by far one THE WORST HOTELS I've come across in all of my business travels.
I will preface this by saying that I am a clean freak, but hotels just skeeve me. This hotel however, would have skeeved even the most laxed hotel guest I'm sure. Bathroom mildew that is not your own is just GROSS!!!
ROOM - #330
Room was FILTHY!
• Melted chocolate on phone (I cleaned it)
• Closet door was broken
• Outlets switches have NEVER been cleaned (I cleaned them)
• Don't get me started on the remote control...ewwwww!
• MILDEW build-up (and lots of it) on underside of shower bar and grout. I asked the front desk staff to have housekeeping address it and they never did. On day one, I accidently left my DND sign on the door. When I realized this at 3 pm, I took it off, went down to tell the front desk manager that they can go in and clean the room, only to return to the room 6 hrs later to a room that was, again, never addressed! When I again went down to tell the front desk, he response was "well you left the DND sign on." Are you kidding me???
What a joke!!!! Surprisingly the food is decent. It's too bad the staff just sits there and ignores you. We were seated without menus and were then ignored for 15 minutes. The kicker was the night that I had to order from room service to the ballroom where we were working. We go to the restaurant to put our order in around 8:35 pm. We were told about 20-30 min. Well at around 9:30 pm my colleagues entire order was delivered and I was told my burger order was still not up. By 10 pm I had the shakes and was freakin' out that a turkey burger was taking an hour and a half to come up. Seriously??? WTF??? I went over there and gave the restaurant hostess a piece of my mind! Luckily the banquet manager offered me some leftover food that was being put away from another function. It was pathetic. I was making a plate for myself off of the cart that they were hauling the food away on. I was so hungry that I didn't care. FINALLY they delivered my food. At that point, I didn't even want it. The hostess did find me, apologized and offered me a voucher for a free drink or appetizer in their restaurant. But at that point, the damage had been done. I was beyond pissed to say the least!
The staff at this hotel seems to just not care. When they set up our food for our on-site business function, something was always missing. Coffee set-up...no spoons. Dessert set-up...no forks. It was like having peanut butter and no jelly! Just enough to be so annoying at the lack of attention to detail.
The highlight of the week was that my stay there was a week after Hurricane Sandy ensued and so the hotel was overrun by 200 or so PSE&G electrical linemen who had come in from Illinois to aid in restoring power. Well at night when they would return to the hotel they'd hang out in the lobby and watch TV, drink beer, and simply chill out. That was fine by me. They were very well entitled. However, the next morning when I come down at 7 am to start my day of work in the ballroom, there were 3 empty beer bottles left on the table outside the elevators and the lobby sofas pillows were thrown on the floor. Really???!!! You mean to tell me NOT ONE STAFF MEMBER COULD HAVE STRAIGHTENED UP BY 7:00 AM? We were having a business function with surgeons coming in from other countries! Really???!!! You would allow the hotel to look like a frat party aftermath?
I hope I NEVER have to return for another business function at this hotel! The management needs to get it together if they expect to have pharmaceutical companies, or any company for that matter, book a business event at their hotel.
Good luck if you ever have to stay there because of someone else's choice. Keep looking if you are the one who gets to choose!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Completely renovated in 2008, the beautiful Doubletree Hotel Princeton features the exquisite Sweet Dreams beds, Precor Fitness Center, heated indoor pool, business center, wireless HSIA, and of course our signature warm chocolate chip cookie. We offer complimentary shuttle service to popular destinations and businesses within a five-mile radius of the hotel, and are conveniently located off US Route 1 near historic downtown Princeton, New Jersey. We look forward to welcoming you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Princeton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Princeton
- Princeton Doubletree